• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Evo 4 G from long ago

kryptonyt

Aug 3, 2011
I'll probably need to look for old posts so I can say which nam? I used. But this was an Eco4 G set up to work on Boost. It actually worked great but memory warnings and a 99 dollar price eventuly had me switch to the Desire. That was a disaster.
But like the Desire that I wrote about elsewhere today, the Eco is like new.
But it is plagued by the same problem as the Desire: it still thinks it's a Boost phone. Unlike the Desire there is no SIM card. A boost dealer suggested resetting it to factory setting. I think that might brick the phone since in order to get it to work on Boost the system thinks it's something other than an Evo
This phone is still head and shoulder better than all of my new phones.
Is there a way to get it to just be an Evo with no carrier affiliation?

If you have S off and flash a aosp rom it'll wipe the meid and esn swap and revert back to the original meid and esn.

I used to flash the evo's to boost.
So just to be clear; the guy I got the phone from has the ID so it thinks it's an Incognito. Not sure what "S" is and how to flash a " aosp rom ". I just want to use it in my house on the wifi but it still thinks it's a Boost phone.

Upvote 0
So just to be clear; the guy I got the phone from has the ID so it thinks it's an Incognito. Not sure what "S" is and how to flash a " aosp rom ". I just want to use it in my house on the wifi but it still thinks it's a Boost phone.
If you just want to use it on wifi then you should be able to whether it thinks it's a boost Incognito or not. The Incognito would be the donor phone used in most cases.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones