1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Evo 4G camera reboots phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alex8oa, Jun 14, 2011.

1. alex8oa

alex8oa New Member

Jun 14, 2011
    My evo 4G camera/camcorder reboots my phone on its own, ill be taking pictures and all of a sudden it will freeze and restart the phone... i dont know whats wrong with it, its seems like ever since i updated it to the new update 2.3.3 it started doing it? does anyone have any explanation to this or what could i do to fix it?

Advertisement

2. twz2004

twz2004 New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    mine is doing the exact same thing.

3. wolf_walker

wolf_walker Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Male
    Count me 3, only started since the 2nd GB "fix" for me. Or I only noticed it there.

4. wogi

wogi New Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Same problem, I can take one picture without a problem. The second picture freezes the app, and the phone reboots, though the picture is still saved.

5. blindman13

blindman13 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Hey guys, did anyone figure out a fix for this? My girl's e4g is doing the same thing.

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    try rebooting the phone and maybe a factory reset.

7. Zombiebbq

Zombiebbq New Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Im having the same issue or should I say have had the same issue for a while. Its been happening almost since I got the Evo but it has gotten worse with each update and a factory reset does not help but for a few uses then its back to rebooting everytime I try to use it. If I wasnt in the middle of a contract and could drop 500 on a better phone I would but I cant.

8. melbel1

melbel1 New Member

Nov 26, 2011
    same thing happened to me. got the phone for my birthday, and the first day the camera restarted my phone. i dont have insurance, and i was on vacation for the a month after i got the phone, so i couldnt take the phone back in for the "30 day refund" thing. today i went in and the guy said that he could do a factory reset but it would wipe out EVERYTHING. so i said no, and he said i could try uninstalling my apps, but the apps didnt mess it up. i bought it like that. i love the phone, but the camera not working makes me hate it.

9. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Hi,
    Anything on this? My husband and I have the same issue.
    Thx.

Tags: