• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root EVO 4G can't zero out MEID

Status
Not open for further replies.

immabe

Lurker
Jul 25, 2011
Hi, I want to zero out MEID in order to write differ MEID, I use QXDM and open memory viewer to find MEID address below.

memory locations for baseband 2.15.00.11.19
0x00FB25AC
0x00FD3968
0x00FDE528
0x015EDF2C
0x015EDF38
0x017C7E70
0x017F5518
0x018F014C
0x01D47E2C
0x01D636C1

I find some MEIDs and zero them out then "write" but after I reboot the phone and check MEID it's not show up as zero, open QXDM and check again but all MEID that Ive zero out was restore back to its MEID, tried couple time but no luck. I did the same thing with ESN and it worked, so my ESN showing all zero now.

Is there any other menthod to zero out MEID? Thanks

Hi, I want to zero out MEID in order to write differ MEID, I use QXDM and open memory viewer to find MEID address below.

I find some MEIDs and zero them out then "write" but after I reboot the phone and check MEID it's not show up as zero, open QXDM and check again but all MEID that Ive zero out was restore back to its MEID, tried couple time but no luck. I did the same thing with ESN and it worked, so my ESN showing all zero now.

how did you change the ESN? i been trying for days with no luck. and also how do you reboot your phone? manually? oh btw. do i need to start the SIA and Events. if so how do i go about it

Upvote 0

maaaaaan..
i have the same problem... i got all the addresses usin cdma workshop
zerro everything on qxdm.. but afterr rebott the meid and pesn will go back to original..
hardware 0003
version 2.3.3
baseband 2.15.00.05.02

i tried everything.... and itssss killing me..

i even rooted the phone but no luck

i did 6 phones so far>> all worked with no problem this one is my first that i cant do...

Upvote 0
same problem after all these years. any fixes

sorry guys, but i'm locking this thread up.

messing with meid is illegal. the only way we will discuss it would be if:
1) You legally own the Evo device being flashed and the donor device.
2) Both devices have clean MEIDs (meaning the service provider has not cancelled service to the phone for any other reason than customer request).
3) You will transfer the sticker from one device to the other to ensure that the Evo has the correct MEID. A heat gun or hair dryer will make this easy.
4) You will not sell your donor phone.

Doing anything other than the four criteria above is illegal and any discussion about it will be removed.

you can use this guide here:
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/460035-evo-4g-boost-mobile-guide-evo-3d.html

it has info on how to change your meid provided that you follow the above guideline.

any questions please feel free to let me know.

thanx,
ocnbrze

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones