1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Evo 4G CM9 Updates? Goo.im Update Page Is GONE!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Drew, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Drew

Drew Member

I noticed I hadn't received notification of a CM9 Supersonic ROM update in several days. My last was released on 8/11 and I had been getting ROM updates almost daily. So I went to the site where I used to download them (CLICK HERE or go to Goo.im Downloads - Browsing nightlies) and got a FILE NOT FOUND error. Is this a temporary thing...or is that page really gone and there will be no more CM9 updates?

Is there another site or source for CM9 Supersonic updates that anybody is aware of? I know there were still a couple of "glitches" that were being worked on, so I can't see GOO.im being gone for good.

Can someone...anyone...clue me in on what's going on here?

As always...THANKS in advance!!

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

3. Drew

Drew Member

I know there is an 8/16 update but can't find a link anywhere to where I can get it. http://androidfiles.org/uploads/supersonic/cm9/ only goes to as far as the 8/15 update.

If JMZ monitors these threads, can you please post a link to your latest download page?

Thanks!

4. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

Goo crashed this week and he accidentally pulled the 8/16 build according to the thread on XDA.

Drew likes this.
  5. Drew

Drew Member

Yea, I saw that thread. Unfortunately I'm not a "developer" so I can't post to that board and ask about the update. I bookmarked the page at androidfiles.org and I'll keep checking back to see if jmz reposts the link to the 8/16 release .

Is Goo ever coming back online or is it gone for good?

Thanks for your help!

6. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

You don't need to be a developer. I think they require 10 posts to be able to post. Just don't think you'll get a friendly answer as you would here :D

Drew and Mikestony like this.
  7. Drew

Drew Member

I'm sure you're correct...and I certainly don't wanna be a pain in the azz. I'll just keep checking the upload site and I'll get it when I get it. I did install the 8/15 update and have zero probs - so I'm in no big rush. Thanks for the heads up!

8. cbucz24

cbucz24 Newbie

There's about a dozen different cm9 roms floating around over at xda. Yes, you need 10 posts to say anything in the development thread. Not that it means anything, but its assuming you had learned something in the time it took you to get the posts.
    Their plenty friendly at xda! But I will say this, if you don't know what your talking about they will call you out on it.
    Also, devs do not like eta's!!
    Take some time, look around. Its not as scary as you think

Drew likes this.
  9. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

The problem is, when you don't know what you are talking about on XDA it tends to lead to personal insults and flaming.

Whereas here we try to explain the correct way of thinking about it. :)

And you wont ever be told to "Search First" here on AF

Drew and Mikestony like this.
  10. Drew

Drew Member

I always try to search first before I ask - but not being a "techie" some of what I find is over my head. Anyway, to date I've never been flamed, insulted, etc - on ANY Forum. But I will keep your advice in mind.

Here's to the re-upload of the 8/16 Update!

Happy Rooting to all!

Rxpert83 likes this.
  11. cbucz24

cbucz24 Newbie

OK here's the 8/16 update. This is the newest nightly from jmz.
    http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/cm9/

Drew likes this.
  12. Drew

Drew Member

Thank You, Thank You, THANK YOU!!!!! Mucho Appreciado! I bookmarked that page as well and will check it periodically for future updates.

Does anybody know if GOO is ever coming back online? I've got GOO installed on my phone and would get a notification whenever a new update was released. I hope it will be back; it'll save a lot of people of lot of time combing the boards.

Thanks again - and have a GREAT day!

13. cbucz24

cbucz24 Newbie

Yea it should be back sometime. I read the data all got taken down. Any dev that was using it had issues, not just jmz.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews