1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support EVO 4G email failed login

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrBlu, Oct 25, 2011.

1. MrBlu

MrBlu Lurker
    None

Oct 25, 2011
    From last night, until this morning, I am unable to login into my gmail from my droids email app, market or Latitude.

"Authentication failed.
    Please verify your username/password."

I have changed my gmail password several times, restarted my phone, and deleted the email account on my droid and attempted to make a new one, using the same information.

NOTHING WORKS!!!

Please help.

Advertisement

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    are you able to access the account on a computer? If the issue is only with your phone maybe delete the gmail app and download and install it again. or is gmail a system app. cant remember been rooted to long. the only other thing if your not rooted is to do a factory reset. (will want to avoid this one if possible. before you do make a backup of everything you want and need.)

3. SFJenn

SFJenn Newbie
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    I had this problem this morning with my AOL account on my EVO 4g. I checked my email on the computer and it's fine. What gives? Why is it telling me my login failed overnight? It was fine yesterday! Is it a space issue on my phone with memory? The phone isn't rooted either. I guess I will have to delete that account and add it again? I've had to do that with the gmail account when it wouldn't load new emails. Why is this phone having this kind of issue?

4. SFJenn

SFJenn Newbie
    None

Jun 29, 2010

Also, the AOL email account is fine within the gmail app. This is just weird.

Tags: