• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO 4g or Samsung Galaxy S????

The only things I really like about the phone are, in order of importance:

-The screen. My god, the screen.
-16GB internal storage + microSD. Yesplz.
-The thinness. Damn.

Too bad that the overall design is ugly, and the skinned OS looks like trash.
honestly isn't the evo thin too? it's pretty darn thin with the kickstand, dual LED, Dual CAM. and huge battery.

Upvote 0
I am in the same boat as you.....

I am pulling more towards the Galaxy S however because of the SUPER AMOLED screen.

I like to watch movies on my phone a lot and as a former owner of a Samsung i8910 Omnia HD the AMOLED screen is SUPERIOR for video playback.

I even took my i8910 down to T-Mobile and played it side by side with the HTC HD2, they had Transformers already loaded in, and on my phone I played The Breakfast Club...lol....No comparison, AMOLED is an AMAZING difference, and I have never had issues with the so-called text clarity.

It is a tough decision for me also as I reside in Honolulu which has Wimax up and running already.

Fortunately I just found out here that the Galaxy S (and Galaxy S Pro) will be coming to T-Mobile so I don't have to leave my carrier if I decide to get this phone.

Link:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s/74500-samsung-t949-supersonic.html

;)

Upvote 0
I know this is a hardcore pro EVO 4g crowd but I'm not a fanboy of any phone they don't pay my bills...actually I pay theirs so I'm not swayed either way. My question is this if you live in a non-4g area like Los Angeles which phone do you go with?

Samsung Galaxy S has:
4 inch display Super AMOLED
16 gigs internal plus microsd card
front and back camera
3.5G in LA moving on to HSDPA+
BIGGEST THING THOUGH IS THE HUMMINGBIRD PROCESSOR 3XS THE SPEED OF THE SNAPDRAGON

EVO 4G:
.3 bigger display but TFT
1gig internal
4g but I live in LA
front and back camera but the Samsung has this too

Anything else I should know?

You forgot the biggest deciding factor of all (at least for me) :

SENSE UI , seriously the amout of work put into this skin is amazing. From widgets, to keyboard, to copy/paste. It really is the biggest deciding factor in my Android choice. I can't believe this thread went 27 replies without anyone mentioning it... (Well, Neodorian touched on it)

If only I could get the HTC EV0 4G with Samsungs Super AMOLED screen, I would be set!

Upvote 0
Are you talking about the Galaxy S or the EVO?

The storage is actually a big X factor for me. If the EVO doesn't have at least 8GB internal storage (in addition to the microSD), I actually might hesitate to get it right away.
I meant confirmed about the Samsung having an 8gig and 16 gig model plus the microsd slot...The EVO I have no clue....but if it does I'm going with the EVO if not I might have to hold off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones