• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Evo 4g, s-off, no recovery

extatic

Lurker
Aug 19, 2011
I downloaded all of the files required or atleast that i thought were required and proceeded to use the revolutionary tool to turn the S-OFF and install the clockwork mod (I am currently using my phone to connect my computer to the internet VIA PDA NET). So while i was using the revolutionary tool to attempt to root the phone it went through the process and turned the S-OFF Successfully but something was wrong with the img file and it did not flash the recovery etc... So basically all i have is S-OFF with no SU permissions or recovery and i'm lost at where to try to pick up on this. I would appreciate any help that someone could provide to me I've been searching the internet and IRC chat rooms for days and keep coming up at a dead end.

I downloaded all of the files required or atleast that i thought were required and proceeded to use the revolutionary tool to turn the S-OFF and install the clockwork mod (I am currently using my phone to connect my computer to the internet VIA PDA NET). So while i was using the revolutionary tool to attempt to root the phone it went through the process and turned the S-OFF Successfully but something was wrong with the img file and it did not flash the recovery etc... So basically all i have is S-OFF with no SU permissions or recovery and i'm lost at where to try to pick up on this. I would appreciate any help that someone could provide to me I've been searching the internet and IRC chat rooms for days and keep coming up at a dead end.

all you need to do is skip to the swicthing recoveries section in the guide and you can get the amon ra recovery to flash the su file.

Upvote 0
all you need to do is skip to the swicthing recoveries section in the guide and you can get the amon ra recovery to flash the su file.

I did a google search for RA Recovery and found this site
[Recovery] [09-Feb-2011] RA-supersonic-v2.3 - xda-developers

So you're saying to use this as opposed to the clockwork method? Could you point me at a step by step tutorial on how to do it with this recovery method? I'm pretty computer literate but this is my first time at attempting to root a phone.

Upvote 0
I did a google search for RA Recovery and found this site
[Recovery] [09-Feb-2011] RA-supersonic-v2.3 - xda-developers

So you're saying to use this as opposed to the clockwork method? Could you point me at a step by step tutorial on how to do it with this recovery method? I'm pretty computer literate but this is my first time at attempting to root a phone.

I think the steps are in the GB rooting guide. If not, go here for the instructions and a download link for the Amon RA 2.3 zip that you need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones