1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

EVO 4G Shift not playing YouTube videos

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by csadler, Feb 8, 2011.

1. csadler

csadler Lurker

Forum Newbie here. Just upgraded from Sprint Hero to Sprint Evo Shift. I think the phone is good with the full keyboard and all, but trying to play videos or trailers of movies, it just doesn't want to play nice. I've tried all the basic settings and a reset, no dice. Has anyone had this issue and able to fix it? Thanks...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. z28forlife

z28forlife Member

Are you trying it through the YouTube app? If so they said there's a bug in the app and there trying to fix it. That's what I heard anyway.

3. kiddk1

kiddk1 Android Enthusiast

my youtube app fails to play many times, I find I get better videos over wifi also

4. Manny3

Manny3 Lurker

i work for sprint and as of now there is no fix for the error that happens on youtube (etc. other live streaming apps) but they are working on it and i will post when the new update is available so this issue can be fixed

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

6. afguy0066

afguy0066 Lurker

I signed in with my youtube account name on the youtube app and I can't view some video's because it says i'm not 18 (i'm over 18) but if I use the browser I can view the same video the app won't let me watch. Is that a bug or is there a setting somewhere?

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

It's like what they would call a feature, we would call it a bug - the app is frustrating.

Try viewing in browser, then going to full-screen, either by the YouTube provided glyph in lower right corner - or - by long-press on vid itself, with upper left corner visible - that will reveal a gray box.

Either takes you to a full-screen Flash viewer.

8. Bloom

Bloom Lurker

I'm having this issue as well via the app. Then when I go to the webpage -I'm told the video I'm trying to watch isnt available via mobile youtube? lame

9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Turn off mobile under browser settings.

Then if needed, enter this as url in address bar:

about:debug

No http, nothing else.

Go back to settings, turn off java debug, change UA to Desktop under newly-revealed extended settings.

Clear cache, revisit any pages you like.

10. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Android Enthusiast

Actually it is a known issue and the fix is to push the HTTP Multimedia settings via the OMA tool.

11. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Aka zeroing the port and address for the proxy server.

HTC EVO Shift 4G Forum

The HTC EVO Shift 4G release date was January 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

January 2011
Release Date
Reviews