1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support EVO 4g - SMS Notifications of Voicemail Help Me

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZAOAOAOZ, May 8, 2011.

1. ZAOAOAOZ

ZAOAOAOZ Lurker
    None

May 8, 2011
    I have tried updating, resetting all voicemail cache, All SMS settings, and the only thing i can do to get rid of SMS voicemail notifications is to blacklist the number it comes in on, but my stock SMS still picks this up. I get two SMS notifications and one Voicemail notification for EACH voicemail i recieve...

MANY PEOPLE HAVE THIS PROBLEM, and id like to stick to the evo 4g unless this problem has been solved amongst other user types. Can someone please help? I look all over the internet and there are many posts, a lot of jabb, but no solution.... Hey sprint?? Why???

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Have you called your carrier? The notifications come from their VM system. Are both notifications from the same app or are you getting one from the stock app and one from another app you loaded?

3. sikclown

sikclown Android Expert
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    Male
    Business Owner
    New Orleans, LA
    I have done a search and MANY PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM. Only found about 5 users on this forum that have run into this (that is many at all). Sounds like you are using two Messaging programs so you can at least reduce it to one text by turning off receiving in the stock app. Secondly what is the exact text of the SMS word for word? This can help if we know this.

4. ZAOAOAOZ

ZAOAOAOZ Lurker
    None

May 8, 2011
    I have never had the problem at all till I un rooted my phone and restored it to original. After that, the updates. I do use GO SMS but even after disabled and uninstalled, my stock service still sees it. It is a server setting in somehow, and voicemail dials out for a text message. Regardless of the apps im using, the text shouldnt be there.

As above stated, there must be some update or profile change, and to call your service provider..... I stubled upon this little thing for the htc users... If i go into htc settings and look for updates, i find none, but in the SPRINT app, it looks and finds a few, thus stating htc does not conform to sprints databases very accurately, so use the sprint app to do all updating.

I downloaded REDLIST app, and it removed the annoyances, but now I am still in search of the final conclusion for all users. I will respond when i find the answers too. There is a voicemail install flash from clockworld mod that is the ultimate fix, but it is not the STOCK recommendation. They opt for your choice on vm notification to sms.

5. ZAOAOAOZ

ZAOAOAOZ Lurker
    None

May 8, 2011
    I Have Found that by using the Sprint Zone app, I was able to find an update for the PRL and carrier settings, and after the update, the whole thing worked again just like it was supposed to , Thanks guys.

Tags: