• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Evo 4g terminal/CLI?

tical2399

Apr 26, 2010
Just rooted my Evo yesterday. I don't know the name of the method I used but its the one that calls for you to place the file called "PC36IMG.zip" on the root of your sd card and then reboot into the boot loader.

I followed the instruction and it seemed to flash ok, but now i'm trying to find out where to find the terminal/CLI so I can delete unwanted stock app like amazon music shop or nascar tv.

All the instructions say to open the terminal or CLI and type in a particular path in order to delete the apks that those apps use. The problem is the guides never say where to find the terminal. Is it somewhere on the phone? Is it something I download, do i need to connect the phone to a linux computer to find the terminal?

Can anybody help me out with this so I can get rid of these apps. Thanks.

I too am looking to learn more about this. I'd like to find Dropbear or some other SSH daemon so I can SSH in. I'd also like to install Apache or similar, but that's a different beast in and of itself..

ps. ConnectBot has a "local" setting and you CAN get a LOCAL shell prompt (you may have to root the phone like I did though).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones