1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Evo 4g Texts with wrong timestamp

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hogs23, Jun 17, 2010.

1. hogs23

hogs23 New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Im recieving texts about half the time with wrong timestamp usualy about 5 hours fast, if i recieve it at 4pm it would say 9pm. anybody know how to fix this or what app to download? thanks

Advertisement

2. eye4ni

eye4ni Member

Jun 17, 2010
    I have been having this problem as well.... but some of the texts were from friends across the country so I thought it had to do with a conflict with time stamps that might be embedded into the message or something...

Now I gotta figure this out!

3. lindseybee

lindseybee Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Did anyone ever get an answer to this issue? I just got a brand new evo that has the same problem. 5 hours ahead, but I know the sender is in my time zone.

I had an htc hero last year that did this and Sprint replaced it, but I'm hoping there's another answer!

4. steveo24

steveo24 Active Member

May 22, 2010
    it happens to me whenever I'm in BFE and roaming. If you're roaming on a tower while sending or receiving a text, the time stamp is random.

This happens every single time I'm at my friend's house who lives in the middle of nowhere with no sprint towers around. Hope that helps a little:D

5. blckz28

blckz28 Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Yeah it only happens on mine when I roam. It didn't happen on my Palm Pre but did on my HTC Mogul before that. I ended up switching to Handcent on my Evo just to keep my texts in order.

6. fanman01

fanman01 Member

Jun 6, 2010
    It happens once in awhile. Usually just a few minutes off. I guess its what everyone is saying, roaming.

7. warphead

warphead New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    on the incoming messages mine is consistently an hour fast. this is while i'm not roaming and the person is in the same town as me. i had to start using handcent so that everything would stay in order.

8. maxart

maxart New Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Im in southern Indiana and people across town have a time stamp 1 hour in the future. drives me nuts.

9. maxart

maxart New Member

Dec 30, 2010
    I just installed Handcent. Love it. It solved the time stamp issue. Thanks for the advice.

10. hmeaders

hmeaders Member

Jun 12, 2010
    This started happening to me yesterday. Any text I receive is 4 hours ahead of my time. I had the EVO since last June and never had the problem until yesterday. I roam inside the building I work in but have worked there since last May. Gonna go buy Sprint tomorrow to see what they say.

11. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

Have you done a battery pull then checked your date and time settings? Is it set to automatic?

12. hmeaders

hmeaders Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Yea, I pulled the battery and checked all of the settings, everything was right. I had the problem when I'm at the office (roaming). Didn't get by Sprint. I reset the phone to defaults, updated the PRL and then updated my profile. Haven't had a problem since that. I also have not reloaded any apps yet and my battery life has improved. Will start reloading apps that I need this weekend.

Thanks for the input though!

Tags: