• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO 4G unable to connect to a Wifi HotSpot (from Touch Pro 2)

tracerit

Android Enthusiast
May 7, 2010
Orange County, CA
Quick background, i'm still on a $30/month SERO plan with my Touch Pro 2 and waiting to get a $10/24 month discount but Sprint has put a halt to all discounts for the time being, so I'm going to try when the iPhone 4 comes out and when Verizon gets their Droid X. I was going to sell my EVO but it seems i might as well keep it since I'm going to eventually use it.

So in the mean time, I'm going to hold onto the TP2/SERO and use the EVO when i'm within a Wifi network. Thing is sometimes I want to bring the EVO out, so i thought maybe I could open up a wifi hotspot with HTC's Wifi-Router software and connect to it with the EVO. But the EVO isn't recognizing the wifi hotspot. My laptop can recognize it though. I tried to add the wifi network but it'll say "Not in range, remembered".

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones