1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Evo 4G unRoot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sperkowitz, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Sperkowitz

Sperkowitz Newbie

I just rooted my phone using the method here: How to Root Your HTC EVO 4G (with OTA Gingerbread Update)

So that I am prepared in advance and not pulling my hair out later, what would be the method to undo this so if the time comes, I can send my phone to Sprint without any problems? I didn't install any custom ROMS (least, I don't think I did), all I wanted to do was unlock the ability to use my phone as a hotspot. This is the only reason I wanted to root.

I am guessing that I need just get S-ON again. Do I just use "PC36IMG" from the SD? I couldn't find information with undoing the above method and wanted to hear straight from those experienced.

THANKS!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

UNROOTING consists of 2 steps. Getting S-ON and getting a stock ROM & Recovery

We have one of the most complete rooting guides around.

I would highly suggest you read everything in the first posts.
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html

Straight from the guide:

Personally, I prefer the RUU method to get stock ROM and recovery back on the phone

ocnbrze and Sperkowitz like this.
  3. Sperkowitz

Sperkowitz Newbie

Thanks for the super fast reply.

Will this revert back to stock ROM with everything intact (aps/settings) or will it wipe the phone like it were new? No big deal with the latter, just wondering so I know what to expect.

4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

It will be as if you just booted up the phone for the first time, straight out of the box.

(with the most current updates)

Sperkowitz and ocnbrze like this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews