• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories EVO Accessories Guide

That's the one I ordered off Amazon and I canceled it cause it wasn't in stock. It was 23 bucks there but I really went to look at it and accidentally clicked purchase now. But then I found one off ebay where you get the charger not multi function just battery charger only and 2 extra 1500 MAH batteries for 9.98. Wonder if it's any good?

2x 1500mAh battery + dock charger for Sprint HTC Evo 4G - eBay (item 250641711190 end time Jun-29-10 01:08:58 PDT)

Saw this and thought some people might like it. It can charge your phone and an extra battery all at once. Can be used to charge the phone and/or an extra battery via the usb port on your pc also.

Multi Function Battery Charger For use with HTC Droid Incredible/EVO 4G

Reactions: Bruse Wayne
Upvote 0
That's the one I ordered off Amazon and I canceled it cause it wasn't in stock. It was 23 bucks there but I really went to look at it and accidentally clicked purchase now. But then I found one off ebay where you get the charger not multi function just battery charger only and 2 extra 1500 MAH batteries for 9.98. Wonder if it's any good?

2x 1500mAh battery + dock charger for Sprint HTC Evo 4G - eBay (item 250641711190 end time Jun-29-10 01:08:58 PDT)

I got that one. Worked perfectly fine for me, charging OEM battery and other 2 batteries. Left one battery in packaging, but batteries do say that they're for the Touch Pro 2 (we've all found out that the batteries are cross-compatible).

Reactions: Rose4uKy
Upvote 0
I have a TP2 battery now that I am using for an extra battery. So these should be fine. All I really wanted was a battery charger so while I am charging up my phone I wanted to be able to charge my extra battery at the same time. So this charger plus having 2 more extra batteries are a plus I guess. I am usually always plugged in but now I think having 4 batteries is a little much LOL!. But I just ordered this a few minutes ago and I got one for my friend who also has the EVO. But this charger will also charge our EVO red battery also right? So if a spare is in your phone and you need to charge the regular one? Do these last a decent amount of time? I guess for extra it doesn't matter.

My friend tested his battery today and charged it at a 100% and people were saying it may be green and say a 100% but it really isn't but he tested it with some voltage thing and it was really fully a 100% charged. He said there is no need for me to be doing what I was doing. I was charging till a 100% and then in the am taking it off charger for 15 minutes then plugging it back in to fully charge like topping it off. I read about it on a forum but he said it's a 3.7V battery and his meter at a 100% fully charged said 4. something so it was a little over. But he only has one battery and he wanted an extra one well now he will have 2 0plus the charger. So I think we got a good deal.

It may say TP2 batteries but it said on ebay for the EVO 4G and I know my TP2 battery works on the EVO cause it's in my phone now. I'm at 4 and a half hours and have 79% left. I know I charged my phone tol a 100% and it drained to 93 quick then I plugged it back in to get fully charged and now I am at 79% in 4 1/2 hours. But my friend said I don't need to plug it in and unplug it and top it off. That are batteries are fine. And people on here are saying it's a software problem but he said his was fine. So anyway I don't know but I enjoy reading the forums. Thanks,

I got that one. Worked perfectly fine for me, charging OEM battery and other 2 batteries. Left one battery in packaging, but batteries do say that they're for the Touch Pro 2 (we've all found out that the batteries are cross-compatible).

Upvote 0

I also purchased this setup from this seller and couldn't be happier. Fast delivery and everything works perfectly.

Upvote 0
But this charger will also charge our EVO red battery also right? So if a spare is in your phone and you need to charge the regular one?

Sorry, I just saw your question about the charger charging the OEM Red battery and the answer is YES it will. This is how I charged my battery when I got my 1st replacement EVO, so I could put the skin back on.

Now that I'm waiting on my 2nd replacement EVO (white one through Best Buy), I've just been looking for more accessories...LOL.

Reactions: Rose4uKy
Upvote 0
Cool cause my red one was dead and I swapped out for the 1st time to my TP2 battery over the weekend. It was fully charged still and had been just sitting in my purse for a couple weeks. Then the TP2 died and the red one is back in the phone fully charged. But I figure I'll just wait for this to come then I'll charge up my dead TP2. It's a pain to take off case and open back. I'm still waiting on the car dock to come out. I may go with the Seidio one since it holds the phone in the case. But I ordered last night hope I get them soon. My friend wanted one too. But I asked about the red one fitting in the charger because in the picture the batteries looked thinner but I figured it would charge both. Thanks Again,

Sorry, I just saw your question about the charger charging the OEM Red battery and the answer is YES it will. This is how I charged my battery when I got my 1st replacement EVO, so I could put the skin back on.

Now that I'm waiting on my 2nd replacement EVO (white one through Best Buy), I've just been looking for more accessories...LOL.

Upvote 0

+ Thanks :cool:

Just ordered em to have as backups

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

I ordered and received the two batteries and charger from the exact same listing on eBay - The batteries work great, charger works great! Actually, I think the batteries are a little better than the OEM one....I can't say for sure though. For $10 you can't go wrong though!

Upvote 0
Hey I just got mine in the mail when I got back home from my weekend trip. How do you know when there charged? I ordered one for a friend also so I am trying to have them all charged. I already had an extra battery from my TP2 so I really just wanted a charger but getting 2 extra batteries was a plus. So right now I am charging one of these new ones and my old TP2 battery with which was dead from my trip. But I see the pink light still on so I don't know how to tell there done. But it's nice for the price. I need a car charger now. I was using my old LG Lotus one and it quit working doesn't fit tight and won't stay lit. I need a good one thats 1AMP or something like that my friend said.

I ordered and received the two batteries and charger from the exact same listing on eBay - The batteries work great, charger works great! Actually, I think the batteries are a little better than the OEM one....I can't say for sure though. For $10 you can't go wrong though!

Upvote 0

Hey I just got mine in the mail when I got back home from my weekend trip. How do you know when there charged? I ordered one for a friend also so I am trying to have them all charged. I already had an extra battery from my TP2 so I really just wanted a charger but getting 2 extra batteries was a plus. So right now I am charging one of these new ones and my old TP2 battery with which was dead from my trip. But I see the pink light still on so I don't know how to tell there done. But it's nice for the price. I need a car charger now. I was using my old LG Lotus one and it quit working doesn't fit tight and won't stay lit. I need a good one thats 1AMP or something like that my friend said.

On that charger- can it only connect to an electrical outlet or does it also have a USB option to connect it to a computer? I didn't notice anything about USB in the description, but it looks like it has a slot for a USB cable in one of the pictures.

Also, does it only charge one battery at a time or 2?

I have to do something here... My phone can only make it a few hours on a battery and I need to make it through a full day.

Upvote 0
Yes it has a USB Option I just noticed the USB on the top. I didn't know it and I looked at the box and saw it in the picture then I went and looked at the device. It just took a long time to charge at 1st and it lights up pink when 1st charging and I kept wondering how you knew it was charged and then it turned blue. So now I have to charge up my other 2 batteries for my friend so when he get his he will have fully charged extra batteries. It omly charges one at a time but I got my friend one also and I put two on the charger at the same time and one was done and five minutes later the other wasn't so I left for work and just now took it off a bit ago when I got home.

I was out of town over the weekend and in a few hours my battery died while I was at a concert. I took some pictures and a little video and texted and was on the internet a little at dinner but it died to quick and I had an extra so I swapped it out but then it was dying pretty quick too. So now I have 3 extra batteries I should be good. Someone said the batteries last longer being charged using this then your phone.

I noticed over the weekend when I unplugged my phone and it was at a green 100% it would drain quick when I wasn't doing anything. I thought that problem was fixed but maybe not. I still unplug it at 100% and let it run down some and plug it back in to top it off. It's weird cause I just took it off the charger from being on it over night it was at a 100%. I go pour a cup of coffee and come back and I am at 95 and haven't done anything. I never noticed mine to be as bad before and now I notice it every time i take it off the charger at a 100%.

On that charger- can it only connect to an electrical outlet or does it also have a USB option to connect it to a computer? I didn't notice anything about USB in the description, but it looks like it has a slot for a USB cable in one of the pictures.

Also, does it only charge one battery at a time or 2?

I have to do something here... My phone can only make it a few hours on a battery and I need to make it through a full day.

Upvote 0
Ok I need to order a car charger... Can someone tell me my friend said I need one that's 1 AMP. I know there all 12 volts for your car but I called the 1-800 number at this site and asked about 1 AMP and he didn't know. I kow home chargers you want 1 AMP but wasn't sure how Car Chargers were. My old LG Lotus USB micro charger quit working. But at this site HTC EVO 4G Car Chargers they 4 or 5 different chargers that say for EVO 4G. I orginally wanted a retractable one which they have but he said the OEM rapid one was better and charged faster. It seems to have a long cord cause I just got a car dock and will have it charged alot. But does Rapid Charger mean it does charge faster then the others and is an OEM one better? There's 2 that say OEM and I don't mind spending 16.99 when there 30 bucks at the Sprint store. But they have a 12.99 OEM one too that looks like one you'd get at the Sprint store but the 16.99 OEM says rapid and I just wonder does it really charge much faster then the others and does it depend on whether it's a 1 AMP or even mnore than 1 AMP? My friend said maybe Rapid is more than 1 AMP but they didn't know when I called. They just said Rapid was faster charging and I am not sure. Should I spend 4 more bucks and get the rapid? Is it really worth it? He also said the ones that say OEM were made specifically for the EVO from the company which I am assuming he meant HTC and the other couple weren't OEM. He recommended OEM would be better and there the same price as the not OEM ones so I am guessing he's right but wanted to hear what people here think. Thanks,

Edit: Sorry but now I am confused cause I was told OEM meantmade by the company who made my phone and I said oh HTC and he said yes. Well I googled the car charger to see if I could read up on it or find it cheaper and this came up Motorola same numbers as the one they say is for the EVO and Incredible. I copied and pasted below they have same numbers and look identicle and both say OEM. So now I am not sure which to buy but I'll see if someone knows if there 1 amp or not.

Motorola Micro USB Rapid Car Charger - (OEM) Original SPN5400A

HTC EVO 4G Incredible Rapid USB Car Charger - Original (OEM) SPN5400A

Upvote 0
Has anyone seen this? I Just foudn this HTC EVO 4G USB Sync and Charge Desktop Cradle with Battery Slot

Finally a desktop charger with an extra battery slot. Cause I have 4 batteries now and one extra battery charger. I'm going to order this I think. And I'll just get a car charger from them. They have the same ones as think evo4g.com and there cheaper. And under car chargers under EVO it says Motoroal. LOL! Sorry my last post was kind of long so I started a new one.

Upvote 0
Has anyone seen this? I Just foudn this HTC EVO 4G USB Sync and Charge Desktop Cradle with Battery Slot

Finally a desktop charger with an extra battery slot. Cause I have 4 batteries now and one extra battery charger. I'm going to order this I think. And I'll just get a car charger from them. They have the same ones as think evo4g.com and there cheaper. And under car chargers under EVO it says Motoroal. LOL! Sorry my last post was kind of long so I started a new one.

I just came accross the same cradle, from a company in CA with free shipping:

Sprint HTC EVO 4G USB Desktop Cradle with Battery Slot

yhst-16284806809660_2115_2787798

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones