• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO Accessories: Whats your must haves?

LisaFitz

Apr 11, 2010
NY
I was just looking at the Sprint page for accessories for the EVO (was a leaked page I believe) and was thinking about my must haves for this device!

HDMI DOCK
CAR DOCK/HOLDER (GPS Style)

Possibly the new Bluetooth speaker listed there as well (pending specs)

:D

*HDMI Dock
*Extra charger for work
*Car dock/charger
*Ghost Armor screen protector (thanks for the tip, cary! :))
*HDMI Cable
*Some type of shades for the windows of my car so that no one sees me sitting in Best Buy's parking lot, playing with my EVO for about 4 hours after I leave the store with it before I'm able to drive home. :eek: I'm only half kidding...

Upvote 0
-definitely need an hdmi cable
-definitely need some screen protectors (steinheil?)
-definitely need a leather pouch/holster thingy.

for the last one, i found this on ebay. the price is amazing @ $4.75. should i assume that the quality is piss poor? what's your thoughts?

200931855622.jpg

2009320214555.jpg

Upvote 0
At the risk of being ignorant..... what is the HDMI dock for? and also what is the car mount for?

The HDMI dock charges the phone and plugs it into the HDMI port at the same time so you can watch things on your TV with it while its charging.

The car mount holds the phone for GPS use and you can mount it on your dash, windshield, etc

htc_evo4g_dock.jpg

Reactions: excav8ter
Upvote 0
I'm rather low maintenance in terms of smartphone accessorizing. With my iPhone, I have only the standard cable and adapter, and earphones. For the EVO, however, I will keep:

* HDMI cable (eventually)
* 32 GB microSD card, since I'll store all my digital media with the phone
* Earphones

I had considered investing in a stereo Bluetooth headset, for the convenience of losing the cable, but on second though, I might feel the tool for it. Ah, hell, I might still go the Bluetooth route.

Upvote 0
I don't even think that's possible. That would be a digital signal going to analog.

I do know that they have a micro-usb to RCA cable available already. I believe I saw it on expansys because I have the mini-usb to RCA version for my Touch Pro.

i have seen HDMI to VGA (which is analog) so who knows, it might be posable....

i personally will get the HDMI cable for sure, and then an extra charger, and possibly a 16GB card

Upvote 0
i have seen HDMI to VGA (which is analog) so who knows, it might be posable....

i personally well get the HDMI cable for sure, and then an extra charger, and possibly a 16GB card

No it's not possible to have a cable to go form hdmi to rca, nor hdmi to vga. They are completely different signals. You can however get a powered box to convert the signals, but they cost around 100 bucks. You're better off getting a new tv to have an hdmi input.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones