• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo and 2011 Santa Fe

tonyguy2000

Nov 8, 2009
Anyone having problems with the Google navigation app on the Hundai Santa Fe with the blue tooth integrated into the radio? I can't hear the navigation directions on either the Evo or the radio speakers. I have tried un-pairing, checking and un-checking the 2 boxes under options to no avail. Thanks,

Anyone having problems with the Google navigation app on the Hundai Santa Fe with the blue tooth integrated into the radio? I can't hear the navigation directions on either the Evo or the radio speakers. I have tried un-pairing, checking and un-checking the 2 boxes under options to no avail. Thanks,

Did you make sure the Google Nav app isn't on mute?

I have a Sonata, so maybe we have similar hardware, but I didn't know that it was possible to hear the Nav via the car speakers. I should give that a try.

What we really need is Google cars. Basically instead of some fixed Nav unit, the screen is just a way to interface with Android devices. So Google Nav (or any other nav app on your phone) would show up on-screen.

Nav units today are like CD players of yesteryear. They were once a luxury item, but now they're approaching obsolescence.

Upvote 0
Did you make sure the Google Nav app isn't on mute?

I have a Sonata, so maybe we have similar hardware, but I didn't know that it was possible to hear the Nav via the car speakers. I should give that a try.

What we really need is Google cars. Basically instead of some fixed Nav unit, the screen is just a way to interface with Android devices. So Google Nav (or any other nav app on your phone) would show up on-screen.

Nav units today are like CD players of yesteryear. They were once a luxury item, but now they're approaching obsolescence.

Yes it wasn't on mute. Have you tried it it your car? Do you have built in navigation on the Sonata?

Upvote 0
Ok, it works for me.

Got in my car, set a destination in Google Nav. FM radio was playing in the car. I heard Google Nav tell me my first set of directions from the phone.

Then I saw the BT connect. I started to drive the route, and I heard nothing from the phone nor the car except the FM radio. Then, I pressed the "MEDIA" button, which normally scans for any music via USB or BT. It found my phone. My music player (PowerAMP) was already playing. Shortly after, I heard the Nav interrupt my phone's music with instructions.

So it seems like all audio from the phone speakers is redirected via A2DP to the car, but the car needs to be in the proper mode to hear it. Not sure if this is your issue or not.

If that doesn't work for you, try disconnecting BT and reconnecting from the car side.

Upvote 0
Ok, it works for me.

Got in my car, set a destination in Google Nav. FM radio was playing in the car. I heard Google Nav tell me my first set of directions from the phone.

Then I saw the BT connect. I started to drive the route, and I heard nothing from the phone nor the car except the FM radio. Then, I pressed the "MEDIA" button, which normally scans for any music via USB or BT. It found my phone. My music player (PowerAMP) was already playing. Shortly after, I heard the Nav interrupt my phone's music with instructions.

So it seems like all audio from the phone speakers is redirected via A2DP to the car, but the car needs to be in the proper mode to hear it. Not sure if this is your issue or not.

If that doesn't work for you, try disconnecting BT and reconnecting from the car side.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Upvote 0
Ok, it works for me.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones