• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo and Data connection issues

Evo has locked up on data connection.One minute data is working great and then, No internet, app store, etc. and anything I try to do brings up a dialogue box that says retry or cancel, and that I need internet network access. Phone still works, but does occasionally seem to not hang up on first try.

When I go to settings - wireless & networks, it shows a box "trying to connect" but nothing happens.

4g, bluetooth and wifi are turned off.

I have to completely restart phone and the data is back. This has happened about 5 times.

Phone issue or Sprint issue. I am in Atlanta, and can get 4g coverage around my house and area. 3 g goes from great to low in same spots.

When I got the phone, I updated it with system update. It definitely updated PRL.

I updated Prl again yesterday, and it seems there was another one. So far so good.

I really like most everything else about this phone. I prefer the way moment was organized with the phone part and missed calls, contacts. But nothing I can't get used to.

Internet browsing is much nicer on Evo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones