1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support evo and evo shift side by side, shift is much faster

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jonathag, Feb 12, 2011.

1. jonathag

jonathag Lurker

Hi Everyone,

First time poster, great forum.

So my wife and I got our evos yesterday, she got the shift, I got the evo.

I am less than impressed with my evo.

Side by side I can browse to the same page on google, click on the same pages at the same time and hers loads faster, plays videos faster, does everything faster.

The video on hers has been done for a while and my evo is still stuttering and lagging trying to play it?

What's up? Any ideas? My Evo is fresh out of the box, only thing I've loaded on it is vlingo and the android market app, nothing else.

The camcorder sucks also when compared to the shift, but I read where everyone hates the camcorder on the evo, I've tried the h.264 setting, makes no difference, still sucks.

Advertisement

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Side by side in store the shifts connection was no faster than my evo. Update your prl and profile at menu.settings.system update

If this does not resolve it take your phone in or call sprint for reprovisioning.

The processor in the shift is slightly better in some aspects...but everything you have listed is web related. I believe your phone may be having issues connecting and communicating with the network.

Like I said ...side by side running through the menus..speed tests...and a few apps...I didn't really see a "noticeable" difference

3. jonathag

jonathag Lurker

Thanks, already tried updating my profile and pearl, and pulled the battery, no change.

I'll call Sprint.

It's a night and day different between our phones.

Tags: