• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Evo batteries

OhioGuy59

Nov 1, 2010
Ohio
I have owned an Evo for about 18 months now and while I love it, I am always interested to see what some of the newer phones have to offer. The only complaint I have about my phone is of course the battery life. I have 4 batteries for my phone and I just switch them out when one of them runs down. What I want to know is since I have 4 batteries, is there a way I can find out which other phones would use the same batteries so I can still use my extra batteries with a new phone?

Unfortunately, there's very little standardization with batteries and almost none from generation to generation. Are you looking for a new phone that lets you utilize your existing batteries? Sadly, you're almost certainly out of luck. If you're looking to upgrade, selling the Evo with the extra batteries should get you a little more money than without. The other issue is how much life the old battery has left. Certainly if you swapped evenly with 4, it should be ok but in my experience (I use 3), one gets used the heaviest and after 18 months is probably 40% of what it used to be.

I'm still holding out with my Evo in hope that the Razer maxx will influence Sprint to bring on a reasonably pocketable device that truly gets all day life without any extra batteries or charging needed. I'd trade a core and a generation of brighter bigger screen for that!

Upvote 0
sxxdnne, thanks for your idea. I was able to find a few.
pastafarian, yes, I am looking to see if there are other phones that will use my batteries. I should have added that Sprint is my provider and I want to stay with them, so that will limit my choices. In no way am I unhappy with my Evo. I'll probably keep it until it either dies or something else comes along that is much better. The original battery that came with the phone is still my best battery and it seems to last as long as it did when I got the phone.

Upvote 0
Consider rooting? After rooting I replaced my original (16 month old) battery with an anker 1700 from ebay. With a sense 3.5 rom I can easily get to 40 hours on a charge. Obviously, everyone's phone and usage varies, but I believe it may keep you interested in your Evo long enough to wait for the next generation of phones rumored to be coming out by this summer.

Upvote 0
Consider rooting? After rooting I replaced my original (16 month old) battery with an anker 1700 from ebay. With a sense 3.5 rom I can easily get to 40 hours on a charge. Obviously, everyone's phone and usage varies, but I believe it may keep you interested in your Evo long enough to wait for the next generation of phones rumored to be coming out by this summer.

What ROM do you use. I tried MIUI and get great battery life but GPS doesn't work. I'm currently using myn's Warm TwoPointTwo and its decent. I am a heavy user but on MIUI I was able to go 8 hours before the battery died.

Upvote 0
What ROM do you use. I tried MIUI and get great battery life but GPS doesn't work. I'm currently using myn's Warm TwoPointTwo and its decent. I am a heavy user but on MIUI I was able to go 8 hours before the battery died.

Warm 2.2 is a very old ROM.its based on froyo. There's already ics miui rooms that work amazing.

I have gotten 3.5 days of battery life out of Tommy classic and regularly get 24 hours plus with any other ROM /kernel

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones