1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

EVO camera blind test

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by reemas, Jun 21, 2010.

?

Which video was better?

1. Left

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. Right

180 vote(s)
    98.4%
  1. reemas

reemas Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2010
    I was waiting for someone to point this out. It's pretty crazy how some people think. No offense Jordus, but I just want my dollars to count and honestly I have issues with HTC cutting so so so many corners. I hate AT&T more than anything though, so I'm going to enjoy my EVO on Sprint.

Advertisement

2. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Android Expert
    None

May 16, 2010
    good comeback.

Someone should tell him about all the major block buster movies done on OSX.
    Like:
    Jarhead,
    X-Men Wolverine

EarlyMon likes this.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Yep, true. All true.

Well, while I find Steve-o to be quite technically correct - and politically correct for long-term use of the web, users are getting their noses cut off to spite Adobe's face.

Thoughts on Flash

I fully support the dream and vision Flash-Free Utopia. And while I'm doing that, I'll be viewing the web in the real world on my Evo in the meantime. ;)

4. Jordus

Jordus Android Enthusiast
    None

May 5, 2010
    That would also explain why my local afilliates use terribly pixelated graphics. Their screens are always crashing. They queue the wrong feeds all the time, cut videos off too early, can't synch audio/video in their feeds, etc.

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    No need to argue here. Call and ask them. See what they say. Let me know.

Doesn't sound like any news market I've been in.

Sounds way more like they're smoking some stuff than it does like Final Cut.

Looking forward to the truth.

PS - I've known quite a few TV news directors. Never met one who wouldn't want to engage a viewer with reports like that, and happily share. You might even get a nice tour of their facilities.

6. cabbie

cabbie Android Expert
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    informative read, i adjusted my settings as well

i swear, you give the apple boys an inch... ;)

EarlyMon likes this.
  7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    I note the similar behavior over operating systems.

When Steve Jobs or Bill Gates starts writing me checks for my lost time on either operating systems, I'll be sure to join into one of these camps.

I'll always stick up for OS X, Windows and Linux, but I'll never lay down for fanboyism and fud.

I care more about my brand of spark plugs than OS.

I do - I really, really do.

8. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Android Expert
    None

May 16, 2010
    Depends on the user. I am old-school. I shoot with a rangefinder. I never, ever, use a zoom. I always shoot w/ the widest aperture and widest focal length. So, a fix lens is fine with me. I found that out when I bought a dslr that shoots HD video. I then bought a 720p pocket camera w/ a fix lens. All my video is imported into a high-end editing app (which I won't name) and I use another high-end grading app (again, which I won't name). With the right editing and grading, a $100 camera low-end 720p camera can look amazing.

Just do a search for "Canon SD grading" on vimeo.

http://vimeo.com/videos/search:Canon SD grading/a5dfb6a8/sort:relevant/format:thumbnail

There are some basic point-n-shoot cameras that will give you block-buster, hollywood looks with no zoom. It is all in the editing. None of the cameras even have zooms on them. I am talking $75 flip type cams.. All I need is 30fps/720p H.264. My creativity will do the rest.

Here is an example done on a $80 camera. Lower quality than ANY iPhone. Smaller sensor, crappier compression, cheap lens:

http://vimeo.com/4291664

I will have my hands on an iPhone this weekend. I will definitely take it to the paces in an editing suite. From raw footage I've downloaded, the files plays nicely in Avid and Final Cut Pro.

Here is an edited video done on an iPhone 3GS
    http://vimeo.com/8417659
    http://vimeo.com/9753385

9. secretmethod70

None

Apr 11, 2010
    chicago
    No matter how much better the video can look, the terrible audio is a big issue for me. What's the point in taking a video recording of, say, my niece's recital if the audio is being compressed so badly?

Tags: