• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Evo Car Dock is officially out... not impressed so far

Ahhh...you'd then be looking for the Richter mounting plate. It is unfortunately the same price as an actual holder, but you only buy it once and can continue to buy the cheap sub $10 injection molded holders on ebay and just snap them on.
215058.JPG-225x

My question was directed at the unit you posted a picture of in post #24. Not the official car mount

Upvote 0
I recently purchased the OEM mount for the EVO. I new before getting it that I wouldn't be able to access the SD card while docked, but I got it anyway.
After doing a little research, I found that the USB pin-out is crossed, causing it to go into car mode, rather than being able to mount the SD card.
I got to thinking, why not modify a USB cord to reverse this.
Has anyone attempted this, or know where there might a wiring diagram of the two?

Upvote 0
This is why I would rather have
this one on ebay for less than $6 . And with the Richter mount on the holder you can pop it off and use it with a standard ProClip adapter and mount it properly just about anywhere.
car_holder_HTC_4G_1.jpg

Can you provide anymore information about this one? I would like to investigate it further, unfortunately the ebay link is no longer active.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones