• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help EVO clock, intially has the wrong time when awoken

LazyEngineer

Jul 19, 2010
Has anyone else noticed that the clock on the homescreen isn't right for the first 1/4 second when you wake your phone? This is annoying, because sometimes to check the time, I'll pick up the phone, tap the power button to check the time, and then tap it again and put it away to turn it off. My glance time is often only 1/4 a second, and the phone initially display's what I guess is the last time it had in the display, when it originally went to sleep.

Is there a way to fix this (w/out leaving the screen on all the time)?

My previous phone, a Motorola flip phone, would do the same thing. When you opened it up, you would see the time that it went to sleep for just a fraction of a second before it would catch up and display the current time. I don't think the "problem" is just limited to HTC or the EVO. I believe it is just the way some phones work, that once you wake it up, it takes a minuscule amount of time for the processor to update the display.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones