• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help EVO does not boot unless plugged in

on stock what? ROM or Motherboard?
Who replaced the motherboard?
new battery doesn't necessarily mean its a "Good" battery it still could be bad. Could try another battery.

I personally replaced it, everything was working fine. Tried other batteries, none worked.

I was on the latest stock 4.54.61.1 (I think those are the numbers...), and the motherboard is HW 0004

If you need my history of event's I'll tell you what I've done.

1. S-OFF and rooted with Revolutionary.
2. Revolutionary wasn't flashing recovery properly, so I had to manually flash CWMR with Fastboot in ADB.
3. Got in CWMR, and flashed gingerbread-evo-deck 1.3, flashed Google Apps. Rebooted, issue began happening.
4. Went into HBOOT, and tried to change recovery to Amon RA, see if it'd do anything, nope.
5. Went into recovery, and tried to flash SavagedZen, nope.

Upvote 0
I personally replaced it, everything was working fine. Tried other batteries, none worked.

I was on the latest stock 4.54.61.1 (I think those are the numbers...), and the motherboard is HW 0004

If you need my history of event's I'll tell you what I've done.

1. S-OFF and rooted with Revolutionary.
2. Revolutionary wasn't flashing recovery properly, so I had to manually flash CWMR with Fastboot in ADB.
3. Got in CWMR, and flashed gingerbread-evo-deck 1.3, flashed Google Apps. Rebooted, issue began happening.
4. Went into HBOOT, and tried to change recovery to Amon RA, see if it'd do anything, nope.
5. Went into recovery, and tried to flash SavagedZen, nope.

Ok you done things through ADB which I have personally never used. Since you have S-off you should be able to change recoveries. (You Stated You Tried to change) so I am assuming you were not successful. In my sig is the Rooting For Dummies Gingerbread you can find the files you need in there. Did you try to install Amon RA from the ADB or Flash it with the PC36IMG.zip file?

Did you manually wipe everything at least 3 times before the flash of your ROM?

Also For Future References it would be best to post these issues in the All Root Section you will have a better chance of getting help. Hopefully Granite or one of the other guides will be in here soon and be able to move this thread to the appropriate forum. Allow the mods to move it please don't make another post. We'll continue to help you here until its moved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones