1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support EVO doesn't always want to power on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by paradox183, Jun 15, 2010.

1. paradox183

paradox183 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Whenever I reboot my phone and try to turn it back on it sometimes takes several tries with the power button. Press-and-release, press-and-hold for 2 seconds, press-and-hold for 5 seconds, etc. don't work the first few times and then it randomly fires up. Anyone else experiencing this?

Advertisement

2. wingtip

wingtip New Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Yup. I couldn't charge it once...wouldn't light up and it wouldn't boot. took it to the store and they got it to work again. I'm also not getting good bluetooth reception. I will change out the phone but loading the apps again is a pain.

3. MadHatter01

MadHatter01 Member

May 17, 2010
    Same here. I found that if I wait 20 seconds after turning off it will turn on. I think that the screen goes off before the phone actually turns all the way off. That might be what is going on. Also i hold in the power for 5-7 secs for it to turn on. Can someone confirm this please.

4. ahaxton

ahaxton Active Member

May 13, 2010
    I've had this happen a couple of times, most recently this morning. A battery pull got it to boot again.

5. MadHatter01

MadHatter01 Member

May 17, 2010
    I noticed something...the longer i have had the Evo on, the more likely it does not want to turn on right.

Tags: