• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

evo earbuds

Won't the HTC Stereo RC-E160 Headset work? Here it is on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-HTC-Stereo-headset-headphone-HD2-Tattoo-Hero-/230463254231

No, I already researched these. There are no Android software drivers.

Upvote 0
Try vmoda, I bought them (with music and call control) and they work perfect. The sound is awesome by the way. You can buy them at shack or best buy (if you want originals) or you could try eBay and search for authentic ones. I bought 2 pair, one from eBay (labeled as originals but I thought were fake) and one from best buy and I tested both for a few days to see if the ones from eBay were in reality fake ones but guess what... after testing I came to the conclusion that the eBay ones were originals and most importantly $40 bucks cheaper so I returned the ones from best buy.

Upvote 0
Try vmoda, I bought them (with music and call control) and they work perfect. The sound is awesome by the way. You can buy them at shack or best buy (if you want originals) or you could try eBay and search for authentic ones. I bought 2 pair, one from eBay (labeled as originals but I thought were fake) and one from best buy and I tested both for a few days to see if the ones from eBay were in reality fake ones but guess what... after testing I came to the conclusion that the eBay ones were originals and most importantly $40 bucks cheaper so I returned the ones from best buy.

so you can adjust the volume and skip tracks and pause music?

Upvote 0
Weird. Even Google posted on it's Experts Forum that wired phones aren't 100% compatible with the Android music player. Google even stated that fragmentation was a problem within the different versions of players and apps available and that fragmentation would likely have to be solved before wired headsets become fully capable.

I was hoping the music player and other standards in Froyo would address this.

Upvote 0

What ebay seller did you buy from, Olla?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones