• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo-esque phone coming to Verizon!

Sooooon....Very sexy. This is what the EVO should have been from the start. The camera lens looks recessed and the kickstand is much more solid, plus visually it just looks better than the phone we have now. HTC just dropped a huge grenade on Sprint.

Why. Every new phone looks better than what came before. Just the way it is.

What. After the Evo, you expected HTC to stop making phones since they had hit perfection already.

LOL.

Non issue to me. On contract with Sprint. Won't replace Evo till next June.

Upvote 0
Verizon seems to be getting quite a few Android superphones (incredible, droid x, droid 2 and now this one). What i'm wondering, when and what is the next Android superphone for Sprint because I haven't heard anything about the next big thing for Sprint (Epic 4G doesn't count). Hopefully they release a new Android phone on-par or surpassing the Evos specs soon.

Upvote 0
Verizon seems to be getting quite a few Android superphones (incredible, droid x, droid 2 and now this one). What i'm wondering, when and what is the next Android superphone for Sprint because I haven't heard anything about the next big thing for Sprint (Epic 4G doesn't count). Hopefully they release a new Android phone on-par or surpassing the Evos specs soon.

I totally agree. Sprint needs to keep the ball rolling with the Android Phones. They have a lousy Intercept, EOL HERO,Moment. Out of stock forever EVO and a yet to be released EPIC 4G. Come one Sprint lets get the momentum back!!!!!:mad:

Upvote 0
Hating that now it appears HTC learned to bail on the HDMI port.
--------------
Wondering what the hell that little circle is below the kickstand.

Also wondering why there's no HDMI... and I'm gonna guess that little circle is another mic for video recording?

smacky said:
It's an EVO clone. Explain how it warrants attention over the Incredible?

It's wayyy sexier than both the Evo and Incredible...

Upvote 0
How much you wanna bet that this phone fixes the majority of the hardware issues we've all experienced. Does look a bit thicker though.

4.3" HTC with kickstand and 8.0MP for VZW

It is the Evo2 The code name is "Supersonic 4.5" that is a 4.5 inch amoled screen not a 4.3 like reported. You can see how much bigger it is than the Iphone just look at your Evo you can see the extra width. Take a look at how much longer the ear speaker grill is, That screen is 4.5 not 4.3 Sorry but the blog sites have it all wrong. This is also why the kick stand is larger. HTC leaked this pic conveniently right BEFORE the BIG launch of Samsungs Epic pretty tricky ea? Look for this handset to correct the current Evos problems and then some. It will arrive at Sprint in early December 2010. As a side note this handset is also rumored to feature induction charging and USB connectivity.You just plug in the pad to your computer then lay the handset on the pad and you are charging and connected no ports to wear out.

Reactions: substring
Upvote 0
It is the Evo2 The code name is "Supersonic 4.5" that is a 4.5 inch amoled screen not a 4.3 like reported. You can see how much bigger it is than the Iphone just look at your Evo you can see the extra width. Take a look at how much longer the ear speaker grill is, That screen is 4.5 not 4.3 Sorry but the blog sites have it all wrong. This is also why the kick stand is larger. HTC leaked this pic conveniently right BEFORE the BIG launch of Samsungs Epic pretty tricky ea? Look for this handset to correct the current Evos problems and then some. It will arrive at Sprint in early December 2010. As a side note this handset is also rumored to feature induction charging and USB connectivity.You just plug in the pad to your computer then lay the handset on the pad and you are charging and connected no ports to wear out.

God I sure hope so. hopefully it'll remove the 30fps cap and we can get improved graphical performance. I'll trade HDMI-Out for that any day. Bring it.

Upvote 0
hmm, interesting.. No way to charge it.. No USB... No HDMI.. No SPEAKER port unless that's the little circle area... Nice that the camera is more enclosed but can still be scratched... Like the larger ear piece..... Still like my EVO.

It was rumored to have an optional magnetic induction charging/porting pad system and that round circle under the kick stand is an external antenna port, Sprint has these on there newer 4G USB modems, It comes in handy in fringe areas when using it as a hot spot. The micro USB port is on the side of the handset by the kick stand.

Upvote 0
Wait, what evo2, i just cant wrap my head around, how since the person that leaked the photo said it was for verizon, another person who did not leak the photo can say it is for sprint, plus it is completely ridiculous for sprint to release a clone of the evo right now....even the droid 2 was not released that fast

Lets put it this way. If this is NOT the EVO what do you think the Evo 2 will look like then??? Even if this ISN't the EVO will be based off of this design anyway. This is HTCs next generation design touch screen format handset. Right now all of HTCs touch screen handsets resemble each other correct? This is the next generation evolution for HTC no matter what or who gets this particular handset they will all be patterened off of this design from now on. You no longer have to guess what the next EVO might look like the picture is very clear now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones