• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO flier from Sprint Marketing with pricing

Hi,

Here is a flier from Sprint about the EVO.
For those looking for off contract pricing for BB or RS so that they will match the EVO $449 pricing!!!

from the add...
it reads like the $10 will cover the Hotspot function!!
:thinking:

You are right. Seems to be very misleading. This leads me to believe someone jacked up or it's intentionally misleading. Also the facts about other phones are off.

Upvote 0
There is a lot misleading. First, they compare unlimited talk on T-Mobile to 450 minutes of talk and mobile-to-mobile. It's not the same thing for everyone.

Then they make it look like the $10 covers hot spot stuff on page two (although my guess is that the hot spot stuff is going to come WAY down in price or even disapper a la Verizon's Pre).

Then they also make it look like 4G is going to be sweet when I get this sick feeling that it is going to be major suckage (already many reports of 4G being spotty outside and only have ~60% pentration indoors).

Still getting it though! Ive done enough research to not be misled, but the soccer moms and gadget dads out there probably will be.

Upvote 0
For those of you looking for evidence of Sprint's pricing plan for the EVO, Here is the email I received from Sprint.

ownthenewHTCEVO4GJune4_Page1.jpg

ownthenewHTCEVO4GJune4-Page2.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones