1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support EVO Gmail Not Pushing - Anyone Elese having problem?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Puttersea, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Puttersea

Puttersea Lurker
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    Was wondering if anyone else was having problems with their gmail not pushing automatically in app "gmail".

Came over from tmobile with the samsung vibrant to sprint Evo. Never ever had a problem with this before.

Read a lot of threads on this and it seems to be a known problem with this phone. I have tried the following:

1. Made sure sync and data background were activated for google gmail.

2. Clear Data in manage application gmail.

3. Downloaded newest update from the market. Push still not working. Running 2.3.2

Starting to get very frustrated with this. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Advertisement

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Does it never sync at all? Did any of those steps *temporarily* fix it? Did you to go gmail in manage applications, wipe its data (and cache if available), then force stop, then reboot? Sometimes you need to do it in that order. Also, is your phone rooted, or straight up stock (not that it matters that much, there are some extra steps that might help).

3. Puttersea

Puttersea Lurker
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    Hi Akazabam, I followed your steps above in the order provided and it is working better. Hopefully it will last. Thanks. Is this something that needs to be done often?

4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Well, you *shouldn't* have to keep doing it. When it happened to me, that's basically what fixed it for me, and it didn't happen again. That being said, sometimes it's Google's fault, not yours. If you notice other people complaining about it at the same time, then you'll know. In any case, let me know if it stops working again.

5. Salisa826

Salisa826 Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    I'm having the same problem. It works most of the day then all of a sudden it stops working. I have to turn the phone off and on and then it works. I am having the same problem with K9 mail too.

6. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Is that on wifi, 3g, or both?

7. vaccdroid

vaccdroid Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    My Gmail stopped syncing and I realized that I had no room left on my memory ( memory was very low) and when i deleted a few apps and made room it went back. Might try to see if that helps.

8. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Yeah, I can see how that would cause this, but likely, you'd have bigger problems than just gmail not syncing.

9. Gekko

Gekko Android Expert
    None

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    i was having the same problem - Gmail stopped automatically PUSHING post-Froyo-update on BOTH of my Gmail accounts. the solution that worked for me is a HARD RESET. ERASE/WIPE your Android phone clean and then manually reinstall everything one by one. this is the only thing that permanently fixed the post-Froyo lack of Gmail PUSH for me. the Gmail clear cache data works but ONLY TEMPORARILY (~24 hours). it's now been 2+ weeks after my hard reset and both of my Gmail accounts now PUSH sync flawlessly. my guess is that when you update the OS version you need to start clean on the Gmail sync and the only way to do this is a HARD RESET.

10. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Yeah, you might be right about that. I have heard of some other cases where nothing but a factory reset fixed it. That being said, that's not the case for everybody. You should try other methods before resorting to that.

Tags: