• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo goes haywire

audiofx2

May 12, 2010
and it's getting progressively worse.

The screen will move by itself and become unresponsive to touches. The bottom buttons will not register either. If in a browser, websites will scroll by themselves. If I'm on the Home screen, it will cycle through the different Sense UI screens. Some programs, like Newsrob will not react to touches on certain parts of the screen.

The only fix I found is to hit the power and then unlock the device. Sometimes the unlock screen will not register and I have to keep powering it off and on.

I'm at the point where I'm powering it off it every 5-10 minutes to use it.

I found that when I lay the phone down flat on a desk, it will happen almost 100% of the time.

I've tried calibrating and it seems to help a bit but not for long. I do have Swype installed and have never installed a task killer.

I have a feeling I need a hard reset but curious to know if anyone has experienced this. The phone has been great since release so I do not feel it's a hardware issue.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones