• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo & Incredible ~ choices galore

Kazrell

Apr 14, 2010
White Plains
So with everyone else, I've been patiently waiting for the EVO. I foolishly went into two separate Verizon stores out of state (NY) this past weekend to see if they had an Incredible in stock, which they didn't. But I got a chance to play with it while the wife shopped her heart out. I really liked the interface. The user experience in changing screens and getting in and out of apps was very impressive. I also loved the dedicated hard keys at the bottom which allowed you to quickly get home.

As a iPhone fanboy, it's been a hard decision to switch to Android. There's plus and minuses in both directions ~ that said I can easily see how Android is breathing down the necks of Apples dominance.

I had some reservations at first, and I've blogged about them here. But somehow after playing with the Incredible, I feel more at piece with my decision of moving over. I'm glad I left my deposit for the EVO, I'll be blogging Friday with the rest of you fanboys/girls.

Sincerely,
iPhone convert

you will love the complete customizations and open market with the android. im not sure about you, but i love the simple drag and drop from any computer as opposed to the itunes lockdown. iphone is way ahead on apps and games, but for the most part you can find almost any utility app you will need. when evo is upated to froyo you will have more games than you can handle through flash game websites...which are starting to make mobile versions of their sites for phone like ours that support flash. these are just a few of the many many advantages of moving over to android. the rest you will discover and decide for yourself...have fun

Reactions: Kazrell
Upvote 0
I too am a converted iPhone fanboy. I came very close to getting the Incredible when I stumbled across the information about the upcoming Evo 4G. I'll be at The Shack bright and early Friday even though I have a pre-order, I still want the extra 15% off for early birds. I was lucky to sell my 3GS 16GB for $400 last week...using this Treo has sucked...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones