• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Evo Inexplicably Bricked on Ordinary Reboot (CM10.1 7-20IRC)

NeoteriX

Android Expert
May 13, 2010
I'm on currently on vacation so this happened at a rather inopportune time for me, but basically, I rebooted the phone to improve its radio reception as my cruise was sailing into a port with some wireless. I'm running the 7-20 IRC test (latest) version of CM10.1, and have been running it (and rebooting it) without major issue (the radio is still a little wonky since the kernel update) since it came out on 7/20.

Anyway, on reboot, the phone was stuck on the spinning Cyanogenmod boot screen, so I held down the power and volume down button to get it to power off. This was the last time the phone was ever on. Holding the power button and various combinations of it and the volume buttons has not responded. Plugging the phone in does not respond with a charging light. I've tried leaving it plugged in, in case it's in a low power state that needs to be trickle charged (although the battery was around full charge when the reboot bricking happened).

I'm stopped temporarily at an internet cafe just to try to look for options and to download the SDK to see if I can do something in the next several days that I don't have internet, but any thoughts or options would be much appreciated! (Also, if I end up opting making a claim for the Sprint Insurance, and getting a new Evo, are the new versions of the Evo still able to be rooted?).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones