1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support EVO issues with pairing with my car's bluetooth - Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ktsweets, Jan 8, 2012.

1. ktsweets

ktsweets Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    Hi all, I hope I'm at the right thread (first post)...

My issue is that my Evo won't pair up with our new car, which has hands free link/bluetooth on it (Acura MDX). I get to the point where the MDX is ready to be sync'd with my phone, I have the Bluetooth on my phone turned to On, put the phone in "discoverable" mode, and then Scan for Devices - but no devices show up!

I saw other threads about issues with connections being dropped after pairing, or not being able to sync phone #'s/contacts, but none about the EVO not even being able to FIND any bluetooth device to pair with. We have version 2.3.3 update on our EVO. I'm not sure at this time if it's a car issue or phone issue, but i'm really frustrated.

Has anyone else had issues where they Scan for Bluetooth/Handsfree Devices & it doesn't find any (even when there is one)? If so, were you able to resolve it and how?

Advertisement

2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Male
    Highway Construction Inspection
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Welcome to the forums!!! :)

Have you tried to reboot your phone first, then have the bluetooth ready when you first turn the car on?

I've read somewhere that some car bluetooth radios are only in recovery mode for a few minutes once it's turned on, then shuts off. Try that, then I would call your car dealership and try to get a little help from their end. I've paired my evo to a bunch of bluetooth devices including cars. Seems strange to me. :thinking:

Tags: