• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Evo lte...root?

Will that rooted JB rom work as well as the OTA? Is there a more stable JB rom than CM10 out there? any recommendation?

I was trying to get the official release from sprint somehow for my stock back up.

yes custom roms that are based off of the ota might work better depending on which rom it is. some roms are just a rooted version of the ota, while others have added tweaks to make the rom perform better.....so it will depend.

go here: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-lte-all-things-root/614073-list-utilities-roms-kernels.html for a list of roms. there is a JB section.

keep in mind though that there are JB roms that are aosp and now sense. cm10 is an aosp rom so it will depend if you want to go back to sense or not.

now if you want to update your radios they are also listed in the list as well.

Reactions: dandog2500
Upvote 0
oh ok, i didnt know if is was just a quick update on top of the current rom or a completely new one. so in that case and i want to update to the nightly, and i want to keep my apps/games and saves, i would make a titanium back up as well?

yeah i never really recommend that you do a dirty flash (no wipe) with nightlies. since nightlies are kind of like betta's where each new nightly might fix any issues they encounter and they might have to build it from the ground up. so it is always good to wipe properly and then flash it.

yes tb would be the way to go for that.

i was going to recommend that you try pacman rom as it is a combo of cm10, paranoid, and aokp. however, there has been some drama over in xda and the mods closed down the thread. if you want it you can pm me i have it. it has been my daily for months now. i keep going back to it.....so yeah i'm bummed:(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones