• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo might get swapped For a Galaxy

I love the fact that it has a keyboard, but hate the fact that it has that display (not so great outside in the sun). Plus it doesn't have Sense UI, and I love Sense. But happy for Sprint getting them. More choices the better.

TS

I do believe it has been shown that super AMOLED resolves the issue of the screen being useless in sunlight. Super AMOLED is suppose to be perfect in sunlight...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Wow that Galaxy S Pro is sounding pretty good. If it comes out before my 30 days on the Evo are up I just might pull a switcharoo.

I know Sprint won't do that though. They know better than to release this phone less than 30 days after the Evo.

Hopefully full retail price won't be too bad on the Galaxy S Pro.

I wonder if the Galaxy S will have the same $10 "enhanced" multimedia fee?

Upvote 0
So the Galaxy S and Galaxy S Pro is coming to Sprint apparently. Both with 4g, but Galaxy Pro has keyboard, and led flash. Hmm With all these problems that are being reported with the EVO, I might have to take a chance with Samsung. I know Samsung hasnt been the best, But Super Amoled, Better Battery Performance, Hummingbird GPU, 1ghz processor...Umm and 4G. Wow I dont Know Folks...I have been faithful to HTC, I dont have a battery problem, But with grounding issues, touch issues, glass separation issues... I just dont know...might be time to Jump ship to Samsung...or atleast give em a chance. As long as its Android...I just want the best Phone Out There

Please keep us updated on your decision! I for one will have trouble sleeping not knowing if you will take your Evo back or not. We are all on pins and needles.

Reactions: Jordus
Upvote 0
I'm having trouble with this as well. The Samsung might not have major issues but the EVO does. There's a grounding issue that is most likely a hardware problem, the audio recording quality when shooting hd sucks horribly.....the fact that I have to be connected to wifi just to upload a 1min video!.......these are deal breakers for me

Upvote 0
My thoughts exactly. I was dismayed at the playback performance reports of yxflash. I really thought the Snapdragon 1Ghz CPU would be able to handle 480p xvid playback, but unfortunately it can't.

Galaxy S has native 720p xvid/divx support. :D

It's not the processor, it's the software. Rockplayer for example does a much better job than yxplayer (hasn't been yxflash for a while).

Upvote 0
Sorry, all samsung will ever be good for is making good flip phones. As an ex-cell phone retailer for 4+ different carriers, samsung will never be good in producing smartphones. The EVO is great bottom line so just buy it. You hear people with complaints and then you hear people with no complaints. Just remember 30 DAY money back guarantee!

Oh crap and I think maybe a restocking fee, but only because you will be returning an awesome phone, so I think its like "Are you an idiot for returning this phone Fee" :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones