1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Evo not connecting to mobile network

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zardoz, Apr 2, 2011.

1. zardoz

zardoz Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    These symptoms have started in the last couple of days: I try to make a call and it just sits at dialing, then notice I have no bars (when I normally have at least 2). I go into Settings->Networks and see that "Mobile Network" is greyed out and says "Turning on". I wait, and nothing happens.

Turning on Airplane mode and then turning it off seems to give it a kick and make it connect. I can make and receive calls for a while, but then it goes back to 0 bars/no connection. Also turning wifi on seems to also give it the kick it needs to connect.

No recent app updates I'm aware of.

Before this started happening I was in a rural area for a few days and had it on either Roaming or Airplane for a few days. After I got back I switched the Roaming mode back to "Sprint Only", which is what I've always had it set to. Don't know if that's connected to the problem, but it did start happening after I got back to civilization.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Student
    I never had issues with the phone dialing, but I did have problems with the mobile data. Nothing Sprint did could fix it. I tried everything that you did. The only thing that worked was a fresh ROM isntall.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    silly question...but have you rebooted, updated prl and then updated data profile.

this is not an odd when traveling outside of your normal area and then coming back

4. zardoz

zardoz Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Not a silly question at all. I rebooted, even battery pulled, but didn't think to do the PRL or data profile. Will try that and see. Thank you!

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    In that order prl..then data

6. Patsb

Patsb Lurker
    None

May 1, 2011
    I'm having a similar problem with my Dinc. Mobile network is checked, but greyed out and simply says "turning on." Which it's being doing for a couple of days now and in different locations. Changing wifi settings, airplane mode, doesn't affect it. Looking at your answers above and I have no idea what prl is and data profile. Hope someone can help. TIA

7. g916

g916 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Cali
    I have the same problem and I'm not even able to update the PRL or Profile

Tags: