1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support evo not sending or receiving mms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jkulnane, Nov 17, 2010.

1. jkulnane

jkulnane New Member

Nov 17, 2010
    okay, so I'm a new evo owner, had the phone for about 2 weeks. Love it, it's the best. Onto the problem. When I first got my phone I was sending and recieving pics no problem. A few days later I was not able to send a pic. I thought it might be too big, but knew that the evo should reduce the size and send it. After doing some reading online, I found many people suggested downloading handcent. I did this, but still can't send or receive mms. My phone is not rooted, don't know what that would do anyway.

I know there are some hardcore evo users reading these threads and I see many people have had the same problem I have, but I have not found an answer to this yet.

It's not a huge deal if I can't see the picture my buddy send me of his ass, but with this phone I should be able to see it if I want to. Any help is much appreciated.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    Call sprint customer service. There have been a lot of tower outages over the last few weeks.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
  4. jkulnane

jkulnane New Member

Nov 17, 2010
    well I could not wait for an answer so I did a hard reset on the phone. Oops, I forgot to store my contact on the sd card so had to go to sprint today and have them redo the contacts list from my old phone. tried sending a pic via the default mms and it did not work. downloaded handcent again and was just able to send a pic. This is what happened before, it worked then just stopped working. We shall c

5. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    Did you call Customer Service yet?

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    indeed, i would have stopped at the stock msg app not sending. take the phone in to a service repair center or call customer care

Tags: