• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO OEM Spare battery

mrvirginia

Android Expert
May 13, 2010
Charlotte, NC
i was poking around the interwebz and stumbled upon the original red OEM battery for sale. in stock. check it out!

HTC EVO 4G Li-Ion 1500mAh Standard Battery - (OEM) RHOD160 35H00123-22M

cheaper here by a few bucks with shipping (but not shipping 'till much later):
http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page...l=Sprint+HTC+EVO+4G&cat=Batteries&skuno=88281

another red OEM battery for EVO
http://store.androidcentral.com/htc-standard-battery/8A37A6775.htm

red OEM for EVO
http://store.cheapdroids.com/HTC-OEM-1500-mAh-Lithium-Ion-Standard-Battery-EVO.html

i won't list ebay auctions here, as ebay auctions tend to end or get removed, thus resulting in broken links. i'll keep this updated as much as possible.

Reactions: tictac and VGPOP
dont pay alot of money for an evo oem when u may be able to find a battery for the hero or tp2 for cheap...they both will fit in the evo

even if so, if they're the same batteries, an OEM battery that's the same, just different color, should cost roughly the same price.

i've read that batteries for those phones should fit into the Evo, according to the Sprint accessories site. but again, if it's the same battery, it should cost the same regardless. i personally will stick to OEM.

Upvote 0
I have the 3500 mAh ... will they sell a new back covering? What mAh is the EVO anyway? And what is the battery usage like?

No one is officially selling an Evo extended battery yet (i.e. back covering).

1500 mAh

Battery usage is discussed in a number of other threads. I've detailed some of my battery usage in my own Evo review thread, so hop over there.

Upvote 0
HTC Hero A6277 OEM Back Door Cover & Battery 1500 maH - eBay (item 330437470144 end time May-29-10 16:56:27 PDT)

Those are the cheapest OEM batteries I've been able to find. It comes with a Hero cover, which I didn't need, so I managed to talk the seller into giving me two batteries for $10 shipped instead of 1 battery and the cover.

Personally, even if they don't work 100%, I'd still rather have two 1500 mAh batteries for $10 bucks than buy 1 pristine battery at $50 bucks. But some people don't mind spending extra money, I guess.

Upvote 0
The item have not been removed, it's the way the posters copy the links. Check my post, I copy the url from the address bar. Seems like everybody else is copying the link from the web page. That's why their links read the title description, not simply the url. if you go to ebay and put in the item numbers of all the items that appear to be deleted you will see.

Reactions: ap3604
Upvote 0
Amazon strangely has the EVO battery listed twice with the same "DVO" mispelling.

One of them is $24.99, while the other is listed at $29.99 and has a picture. I ordered the Seidio multi function battery charger and the $24.99 battery. Hope my order goes through :)

I got the Seidio charger the other day. It's the same thing as the ones on eBay that sell for $12.99 INCLUDING 2 extra batteries.

Upvote 0
I got the Seidio charger the other day. It's the same thing as the ones on eBay that sell for $12.99 INCLUDING 2 extra batteries.

Did you order this? (Took a screenshot in case the auction ended)

103ev60.png

This one isn't the same as the Seidio battery charger. The Seidio battery charger has removable charger plates. You can order a new plate if you get a different device.

I wouldn't mess around with random Chinese batteries from Ebay. Even the ones that say HTC on them might be fake. Batteryboss tests batteries from reputable manufacturer's such as Seidio and Mugen and found they overstated about their mAH ratings. I can only imagine what "surprises" a no name battery will bring.

My advice is to buy an OEM battery from a reputable merchant like Amazon.

Reactions: ap3604
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones