• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo or Droid X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evo...it has a kickstand.

lol, thats what my boy always says, and wants an Evo just for that.

In all honesty, its stupid to have Evo vs. X comparisons, when it comes done to the basics its all in user preference.

Do you really care if the X is slightly faster? To some, like me, I could care less....im not that much a tech geek.

First look at your carrier service in that area, is Sprint better or is Verizon better?

That helps you decide right off the bat.

Upvote 0
I just have to say this. EarlyMon, you're beginning to be one of my favorite posters here. Not only did you provide good and interesting information, it was also provided in an unbiased ways. Hopefully there are more posters likers you.

Anyway, going back to the topic... I would echo the posters who have suggested that you try the Evo for 30 days first. If the Droid X comes, and you're still not convince that the Evo is for you, then go and try the Droid X. There would be no better way for you to really know what you want if you haven't tried both.

Upvote 0
I just have to say this. EarlyMon, you're beginning to be one of my favorite posters here. Not only did you provide good and interesting information, it was also provided in an unbiased ways. Hopefully there are more posters likers you.

High praise indeed. I'll try my best to live up to it moving forward!

Thanks!

Upvote 0

In all honesty, its stupid to have Evo vs. X comparisons, when it comes done to the basics its all in user preference.

Do you really care if the X is slightly faster? To some, like me, I could care less....im not that much a tech geek.

First look at your carrier service in that area, is Sprint better or is Verizon better?

I agree completely. I've been shot down for using carrier as a part of my reason for choosing the EVO (I wont mention names), but when it comes down to it, the plan, price and coverage is a huge deciding factor, especially when there are 3 or 4 impressive smartphones out right now. When it comes down to it, Sprint played a major roll in me choosing the EVO. And I'm so glad I did. This phone is awesome and Sprints plans cant be beat.

Upvote 0
Here's my view of this:

i've played with the droid x a few weeks ago(friend is in the media and got one for free on june 24th( i think that's hte date at least)

the droid x's design is really ugly compared to the evo's when put next to eachother. My friend whose had it for a few weeks even admits he'd rather have an EVO

The unlimited internet on the evo is good with me, and the $100 less a month on the sprint plan is good to.

It's a reliable phone the evo, in rev 3 at least. my family has 5 EVOs and none of them have had problems. mine isn't the brightest screen of the bunch, but it's a novatec. the only problem i've had is 1 dead pixel.

While doing side by side comparison's with my friend with the droid x, we found the browser being slower. in fact when he was looking up train schedules i asked him what he was doing, looked up the train schedule and got a response quicker.

we both agree, motorola sucks for design. the droid isn't that well designed my fiancee's got one, and it's got paint chips all over it, and a cracked screen. It's bulky, and the screen isn't that great. she's going to get a droid x, since her family plan is verizon, and they're wiling to upgrade her for a real good deal due to the crack(she cleaned it on her jeans and it just cracked).

the droid spcec wise is spposd to have a quicker proccesser and better gpu, i didn't notice anyything better, i liked my evo better:)

according to some battery listening on talk time n all that i believe the evo has a longer talk time? friend says he gets horrible battery life on his droid x. bottom line big display, powerful phone = bad battery time.

both phones are almost the same. video sucks on both, but it's a phone not a camcorder. cameras on both aren't really that great, but it's a phone not a digital camera. It's good enough for me, i'm not a pro photographer...

It's just what carrier you like. and also if you can stand motrola's hideous designs.

oh BTW, next to eachother the droid X looks bigger and is more uncomfortable, that little lump on the back is ugly as hell.

teh kick stand wins it...oh yea and it's got 4g, and htc sense...:)

Upvote 0

I like comparisons of phones, or any products. They can be useful. Perfect example: the HDMI thing. I had no idea it was better on the EVO.

But u right. The carrier would be the first decision. Cuz I use public transportation alot, Verizon was better for me for service in the subway tunnels.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Coming from a bunch of people who chose 'EVO' we'r a bit biased, but I came real close to returning my EVOs and going with the X.

I decided not to for two reasons..

#1 - DroidX is ugly as crap.
#2 - Holy expensive VZW!

What made me look real hard is not being able to get through a work day on the stock battery along with signal issues with Sprint. I've found a few Sprint black holes in my neighborhood (including my desk @work).

8 hours talk time would be f'n amazing on the Evo.

Upvote 0
Go Evo...and you DO want 4G..you just dont know it yet.

Could have sworn an Evo was used in that Verizon commercial that remsembles the trailers for the movie "Inception"...thats a big screen in that girls hand was she walks and she seems to be trying to hide the edges of the phone, whatever it is...

lol that would be a droid x

Upvote 0
Coming from a bunch of people who chose 'EVO' we'r a bit biased....

#2 - Holy expensive VZW!

What made me look real hard is not being able to get through a work day on the stock battery along with signal issues with Sprint.

:D It's all true...

Upvote 0

#2 - Holy expensive VZW!

What made me look real hard is not being able to get through a work day on the stock battery along with signal issues with Sprint. I've found a few Sprint black holes in my neighborhood (including my desk @work).

I like the Evo's looks better as well but I dont think the DroidX is ugly by any means.

For me the DroidX is $240 cheaper than the Evo since I don't talk much and use Google Voice for free text messaging so I wont have to deal with an extra $10 data fee.

The battery issue I could understand but with either phone I will just get an extra battery to make sure either one makes it through a day of heavy use.

Upvote 0

Anyway, going back to the topic... I would echo the posters who have suggested that you try the Evo for 30 days first. If the Droid X comes, and you're still not convince that the Evo is for you, then go and try the Droid X. There would be no better way for you to really know what you want if you haven't tried both.

haha OMG i was reading your post and in the corner of my eye i thought i saw your picture blink and i thought i was seeing things! haha

Upvote 0
Sadly lookswise the Evo beats it hands down...I dont really like the feel of the X in my hand BUT....

aside from the limited 4g and FFC, the X pretty much matches the EVO.

I can finally compare the two now...fairly having owning an EVO and expecting my X tomorrow

Bottom line, these are two great phones, HTC Has quite a few flaws with the EVO and i am sure the X flaws will come out in the next few days

but if you are on sprint, there really is no need to switch to verizon(aside from coverage) for the X because you have a great phone in the EVO

and there is definitely no reason to switch the Sprint when you have the X on Verizon

Upvote 0
Bottom line, these are two great phones, HTC Has quite a few flaws with the EVO and i am sure the X flaws will come out in the next few days

but if you are on sprint, there really is no need to switch to verizon(aside from coverage) for the X because you have a great phone in the EVO

and there is definitely no reason to switch the Sprint when you have the X on Verizon

Don't be so nice to both sides! =P

We want to argue, insult each other, and fight for blood on who has the better phone! ;)

Upvote 0
Apparently if you try to tinker with the Droid X its possible to brick the phone. Nice :eek:

Motorola DROID X may or may not become bricked when tampered with

114118-droidxbrick.jpg

Upvote 0
I like the Evo's looks better as well but I dont think the DroidX is ugly by any means.

For me the DroidX is $240 cheaper than the Evo since I don't talk much and use Google Voice for free text messaging so I wont have to deal with an extra $10 data fee.

The battery issue I could understand but with either phone I will just get an extra battery to make sure either one makes it through a day of heavy use.

How is texting on Google Voice? I thought that there was a 3-minute delay on retrieving the texts or something like that. I remember reading about it when the Original DROID came out. But havent read up on it since.

I decided on Sticking with Sprint, since it has unlimited Data on Tether, wheras Verizon charges per MB past 2GB

Upvote 0
Don't be so nice to both sides! =P

We want to argue, insult each other, and fight for blood on who has the better phone! ;)

Hahaha trust me i could say a lot more worse things about HTC and the Evo

I have been accused of being a troll and i want to show the evo fanboys that this "diva" can play nice as well haha :)

BUT FINE...

THE EVO SUCKS AND THE X RULES!!!
LOL JK

Upvote 0
How is texting on Google Voice? I thought that there was a 3-minute delay on retrieving the texts or something like that. I remember reading about it when the Original DROID came out. But havent read up on it since.

I decided on Sticking with Sprint, since it has unlimited Data on Tether, wheras Verizon charges per MB past 2GB

I used google voice a little on my droid, it does seem like there is a slight delay in using the service

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones