• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo Outduels iPhone 4 on. CNET Prizefight

Hmm sorry but 15-20% by 10pm at night for me sucked on the 3Gs with everything off except BT. EVO has 65% right now aat 7:12pm and hasn't seen a charger since 6:30am. And I own both.

ONCE AGAIN...old battery vs new (could be 30% difference here alone)? Difference in settings (hard to control and compare), cellular signal strength differences?, and on and on....tough to compare directly, no?.

If I had an app on the iphone to kill everything I need I think it would last longer too.:)

Upvote 0
ONCE AGAIN...old battery vs new (could be 30% difference here alone)? Difference in settings (hard to control and compare), cellular signal strength differences?, and on and on....tough to compare directly, no?.

If I had an app on the iphone to kill everything I need I think it would last longer too.:)

Once again, my iphone 3GS NEVER lasted longer even when NEW than what my EVO is doing period.

AT&T had full bars, and Sprint has 1-2 most of the time at my house and work. So in reality, Sprint EVO should drain faster but it doesn't.

Upvote 0
Well, I got to whitness the iPhone4 today in person via a coworker. She saw my phone and asked about it.. then she said, I recently got the iPhone4. The next thing she said was the the antenna/reception issues are for real. Was nice to see an iPhone user actually admit it. I asked to see it. Its a nice phone no doubt. But, could never EVER go back to that small screen and restricted OS. I placed the phone in my hand like any normal person would to make a phone call... and all reception was lost (no service) in a matter of seconds.
My EVO maintained reception no matter how I held it, and were in in the center of a 6story hospital building.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones