• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo owners...Does the screen and back scratches easily?

I've heard that the screen is like the HD2 and that thing does not scratch whatever you do to it, but what about the back? I've heard that the texture is the same as the Hero.

What is your input?

I haven't TRIED to scratch my Evo, but after over a week of handling it naked (the phone not me), it doesn't have a single imperfection on the front or back.

The screen glass and camera lens tend to attract loads of fingerprints though.

Upvote 0
I haven't TRIED to scratch my Evo, but after over a week of handling it naked (the phone not me), it doesn't have a single imperfection on the front or back.

The screen glass and camera lens tend to attract loads of fingerprints though.

LOL. I have not seen one in person but judging by the pictures and videos it looks that it can hold some use before showing signs of wear, I was asking because the cases available as of today are very limited.

"I haven't TRIED to scratch my Evo" Just wait a few days after the official release I bet there will be a few ***** who will post videos on youtube "testing" the scratch resistance on the phone.

Upvote 0
Hmm, I never really considered that replacing the battery door should be no real problem.

Though I suppose the other issue is that cases can provide a degree of protection for falls. I wish there were more cases already, but there should be some more later.

The Seidio looks like the best bet right now, but a bit pricey, and I would like different styles or color variety.

Upvote 0
I've had mine for a week without a sp because they weren't available, and I have no scratches front or back. I do however have a very small dent on the glossy plastic bezel surrounding the edges/side of th phone because someone threw their keys at my phone accidentally. Whatever coating they put on the screen has been pretty good so far

Upvote 0
Just a heads up, all you ladies should get a screen protector for sure.

My wife's earings (diamond for the record, so that probably is a factor) have made a few very light scratches on the screen. We put a Zagg on there and you can't see em at all so no biggy.

She had em all over her iPhone too and just never told me so I wasn't initially worried or thinking about it.

I put a Zagg on mine too for good measure, just until the "i dont care" sets in a bit :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones