1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Evo owners questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Thundastruck, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Thundastruck

Thundastruck Lurker
    None

Apr 12, 2011
    Hi. I have an Evo. It's running CM7RC4 and a custom kernal(savage zen). My friend got a thunderbolt today because he loves my phone. He had a Verizon iPhone. He wants me to help him set up his new phone and get it as much like mine as possible(at least up to the launcher after that he will pick his own theme etc). So I have a few questions.

First of all I know there are no 2.3 ASOPs for the Tbolt but he really likes Warm two point two as well since i showed him that. Is there a ROM like this?

Secondly, Kernal. His main concern is battery so is there a good Kernal anyone can recommend for this?

Then I would really like to know if these Kernals/Roms work with or against SetCPU. For example I know with some roms you are told to disable SetCPU due to the fact it does those things for you.

Lastly, general differences. I know that the Tbolt is really just a glorified EVO, but it has some fairly significant differences, not the least of which is a whole different carrier. So are there things I should be aware of? I don't want to jump in there customizing his device from an Evo owners perspective only to discover that what I'm trying to do can't be done on a Tbolt.

Thanks for reading this guys :)

Advertisement