• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsalameh512

Lurker
Jun 27, 2010
Well i work at sprint and got the Evo early and now got the Epic early i thought the epic was going to be better but within 4 hours of having the epic this phone was going to fall apart and feels super cheap. The charge port slide cover is extremely rough and the best thing is it has a purple well now green line down the screen. Also i have dropped about 80% of my calls which never happened to me before. I also know its not just this one phone because we have several demos which all feel like garbage. I feel like its lacking so many features compared to the EVO.. Basically its just a bigger moment imo.

only think i like is the swipe keyboard and the clear screen when you dont look at the purple line going down the screen

end of line EVO OWNS EPIC

anyone that wants to trade there evo for a epic DONT!!!!

well heres a pic i used a dead pixel app so you can see it

Just thought ppl would like to know its a pos before they waste money on it

sorry bout the pics... the best i can do

thanks for reading and have a outstanding day!

Photoon2010-08-27at23252.jpg

Photoon2010-08-27at23253.jpg

Photoon2010-08-27at2325.jpg

BTW- If this were a real problem, then there would be evidence of it in the reviews posted elsewhere.

Also being a Sprint Tech, you should know that people are having problems with individual EVOs as well. So unless every single Epic has that line going down the screen, I don't think you can justify coming on this forum and ranting about it being a "POS".

Upvote 0
I just find it odd that you are the first person who has actually held one, and decided: It feels cheap, It drops 80% (what math did you use?) of calls, they feel like garbage. Where as we can look on youtube or THE INTERNET and find a hundred reviews saying the exact opposite.

Heck, even engadget, notorious for disliking anything not an iPhone, called it a killer device.

I guess on Tuesday we will see if your statements hold any water at all.

Upvote 0
I just find it odd that you are the first person who has actually held one, and decided: It feels cheap, It drops 80% (what math did you use?) of calls, they feel like garbage. Where as we can look on youtube or THE INTERNET and find a hundred reviews saying the exact opposite.

Heck, even engadget, notorious for disliking anything not an iPhone, called it a killer device.

I guess on Tuesday we will see if your statements hold any water at all.

Its pretty basic math i don't know if you got to that part in school yet so say you have 10 calls and 8 drop divide 8 by 10 which gives you .8 then to make that a percent you move the decimal two spaces to the right which gives you 80%

see how easy it is :)

Upvote 0
Its pretty basic math i don't know if you got to that part in school yet so say you have 10 calls and 8 drop divide 8 by 10 which gives you .8 then to make that a percent you move the decimal two spaces to the right which gives you 80%

see how easy it is :)

So you come here to do personal attacks? My question was in no way offensive, yet you choose to react in this manner.

Upvote 0
It would be great if we could get someone who would carry a conversation as to why they don't like the Epic without them resorting to personal attacks. Because I really do like knowing both sides of an argument. Guess I should *sigh* as well.

i would like to know the features he's talking about he should tell us what feels cheap is it the keyboard? what about it feels cheap the sliding mechanism?

i would like to know cause if its ACTUALLY true then it may change my mind about getting the epic but after seeing/reading a lot of reviews that say its a great phone when they have reviewed tons of phones and are able to compare it to other top phones out now i dont think im gonna take the word of 1 sprint rep over tons of reviewers.

hes just trolling for no reason.

Upvote 0
I know exactly what the op means, it's soooo annoying just take a look:

1421d1276318214-vertical-lines-screen-img_3740_2.jpg

Oh wait damn wrong phone that's an Evo, darn it must be confused.

source: Vertical Lines on Screen - Android Forums

Don't bash the Epic and compare build quality with an Evo in the end you'll make yourself look bad everytime, HTC has the worst build quality control of any smartphone manufacturer. So you see one defective Epic unit, at least it's not a widespread problem like the Evo's screen separation issues or the cheap USB ports, how about those intentional bugs? 30fps anyone?

PS: You should take the Evo's camera ISO setting off automatic and lower it to around 200-400 for low light pictures, the blurriness you see is a known problem with the Evo's camera, easily fixed by manually setting to the correct speed/exposure (especially for low light pictures). But you knew that already right?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones