• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Evo Port Test ROMs | Droid Incredible

That's what I'm hesitated to do. Well, I guess we'll just wait for others to reply. It seems I'm not the only with GPS problem.

This is a 2.2 rom that as far as I know needs the 2.0 Radio to work correctly, I tried this earlier and everything worked fine, It's a great port from _____ hehe,

He will tell you when his ready, but its fun to tease :)

Nah serious it works great, only thing I noticed was my internal memory doesn't show when Connected to USB as disk drive, it only shows SD Card.

Anyways it was kind of a fun test rom, thats seems to be quite stable tbh.

Good job bro :)

*edit*

oh and I love the camera on this :) Wish we could just get that, but we tried and failed, maybe try again l8r :)

Upvote 0
What I have verified working:

Camera
Camcorder
GPS
WiFi
Bluetooth
Mobile Network(3G)
Phone
Market
Flash 10.1.72
Gmail

Quadrant=1st 1156, 2nd 1170, 3rd 1236<<<Very Nice!
Linpack=30-40 MFLOPS

I can't find the dBm for reception which I would love to see since my bars say I have improved reception, also SDK can't see the device(driver issue?) Otherwise everything works great and I have had no FCs or any other kind of problems at all.

I'll leave it as my daily for a bit, but I love my 2.2 Incredible UI with Espresso Bar. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

Great work adrynaline!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback so far, folks.

So, a little information about this rom for those who don't already know.

I am in the process of porting the Evo rom, which is newer than the Dinc leak we have by about a month. So far I have only ported apps and framework. As you can see there are some definite advantages already seen, and a few disadvantages, such as internal phone storage not showing as a disk drive (it works on the phone though).

So far I have a laundry list, and depending on whether I can get it done is whether I release it or scrap it.

1. Remove 4g specific settings, as well as update crud only working on Sprint.
2. Get internal storage mounting as a disk drive (may not be possible).
3. Get LBS settings correctly showing. aGPS works for some, but not for others and there is no way to configure LBS providers.
4. usb tethering doesnt work.

What does work:
All hardware, save for emmc mounting as disk drive and gps for some.
Sense can be disabled.
It feels faster, could be a placebo.
Its very stable.
Gmail bug not present.
keyboard is nicer, imo.
camera has a button you can hit on the screen to snap pics.

I will release this as a public beta but not support is offered or given at this time. It cant brick you but make a nandroid in case things go south.

http://www.4shared.com/file/6_TZIbUt/evo_port.html

Upvote 0
TBH, this is the best working Froyo ROM available, I said that because I've tested way too many of them, each of them has at least something broken except this.

We just got a list of things that don't work yet. So far only the leaked Incredible 2.2 is the closest to 100% working. That said, I'm more than happy to entertain the idea of the Evo ROM, once GPS and possibly bluetooth is sorted out.

Upvote 0
Due to the overwhelming support I am seeing here, I will continue working on this. My skills are limited though and compiling a rom from source is far easier than working backwards to get what you want.

I make no promises though; this current version may be the best I can do with my limited skillset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones