1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

EVO Problems with 4smartphone Exchange

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by David737, Jun 7, 2010.

1. David737

David737 Member

Jun 7, 2010
    The EVO is my first Android phone. I am an Android new-bee and need some gentile assistance. I was using a Windows Mobile Touch Pro 2 and decided I needed to switch to the Android. I transferred my Sync as a Service?, Smartphone Mobile Solutions for Mobile Professionals | 4SmartPhone Exchange Server account to my new EVO on June 4th. My email works great, but contact loses account with similar names. I have three entries with the last name Anderson. Two show up on my EVO. I have three entries for my wife, and only 2 of the three shows up on the EVO. I tested 5 accounts with last names of Test1, Test2, Test3, Test4 & Test5. Only four of the five showed up on my EVO. I have done two hard resets and the problem did not go away. Also the calendar does not transfer over the setting for the reminder 5 or 15 minutes before the appointment. Also, for the reminders, they do not seem to make an audio alarm when the unit goes to sleep. Any ground school would be appreciated. I will change from 4smartphone if anyone has a better suggestion. Thanks, David

Advertisement

2. David737

David737 Member

Jun 7, 2010
    I found a fix. I did 5 hard resets and found if I start up and do not advise the EVO I have a Gmail account the Exchange systems seems to work correctly. It seems to have taken the contact data from Gmail contacts and makes them primary and ignores very similar Exchange contact. I hope this helps other new users.

3. richtj99

richtj99 Active Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Good to know!

Tags: