1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Evo Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alf1096, Dec 20, 2011.

1. alf1096

alf1096 Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    I got the evo on the first day it was out and it was a great phone for about a year. Now it is nothing but a pain I get random reboots and the back speaker is blown. I am wondering how many other people have seen these problems. I am not an apple person but just got and ipad and think it is more stable and better battery life than my evo ever started with. I am up for a new phone in a few months and wondering what phone I should go to that is reliable and it well built.

Advertisement

2. bcuzihav2

bcuzihav2 Lurker
    None

Dec 20, 2011
    I'm a former iPhone user...long story why I gave up my iPhone but the long and short of it is the EVO was the closest to what my iPhone could do. Now that Sprint offers the iPhone when I'm able to upgrade I will go back to the iPhone simply because it doesn't have the problems I've experienced with my EVO phone and the Android platform. I like stable and secure products. I haven't had my HTC EVO 4G for a year yet and already have had to replace it. Hope this helps.

3. bcuzihav2

bcuzihav2 Lurker
    None

Dec 20, 2011
    When Sprint announced its 4G....he he he, the joke was on us simply because the 4G network is not available every where. I'm in southeast Michigan and 4G is not available. Of course the sales people don't tell you that.

4. aliciaa75

aliciaa75 Member
    None

Dec 16, 2011
    Michigan
    I've only had my EVO for a couple months now. But mine has been a pain too! I think the phone is amazing..but I hate that it randomly reboots itself once and a while. and when it does or shuts off when it has died it will resend everyone texts from days, sometimes weeks ago!
    I don't know what to do, I'm thinking about going to Sprint and seeing what I can do about it.

5. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    I have had my Evo for about 6 months. I rooted it a month after I got it and I have none of the problems you have mention. I have enjoyed this phone and the fact that I rooted means I don't have to have things on here that some corporate clunkier thinks I want or need

6. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Male
    Highway Construction Inspection
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Rooting does give you the power to "fix" a lot of the bugs and such that are associate with the stock Rom. But it does void your warranty.
    I really don't agree with the warranty policy for the simple fact that if a root user is responsible, researches and understands what they are doing, it really is hard to damage the phone. From a software standpoint of course. Now hardware failures are just that, hardware failures. I see no justifiable reason to deny someone the warranty on a faulty piece of hardware because of root access. Unless of course the user does something unwise like flashing thunderbolt radios on an evo, denying coverage for that I agree with.

argedion likes this.
Tags: