1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Evo rebooting and locking up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dsvbohica, Feb 23, 2011.

1. dsvbohica

dsvbohica Lurker
    None

May 18, 2010
    Problem I am having is if I play a game for a period of time or watch videos my phone will suddenly reboot itself. It is getting to the point now it will vibrate five times and lock itself with a green flashing light. I then have to pull the battery to restart it. Last night it did it several times. I am rooted with Rooting For Dummies....

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to the forums, sorry to see you're having a serious issue with your EVO, dsvbohica.

Rooted or not, the first thing I would do (time consuming as it is, but worth it) is clear data and cache on nearly everything used; all apps and widgets.

I would recommend an app which specializes in that, but I think that apps are your problem and don't want to add another one; it's up to you. The method I use is menu > settings > applications > manage applications > menu > sort by "all."

After it's all loaded on the list, just go into the media and game apps installed and hit the clear data and clear cache on each.

Then reboot your device.

If the issues are still around after doing all of that, it's time to see which apps are not playing nice with each other by uninstalling or renaming their apks in Root Explorer or whatever file manager you use. I don't think you'll need to do that, though, as the data and cache clearing could well remedy the issues.

Tags: