• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories EVO Screen Protectors Thread

I was wondering that too if I ordered a case from there what about getting a screen protector from there and save on shipping. I was gonna do clarivue. I still don't know if I want one of there cases or not.

Does anyone know anything about the Seido screen protectors? Gonna order a case this afternoon and wondering if I should grab that too.

Upvote 0
Oh Ok so the clear ones have 2 in pack are they better? I don't need a privacy one but my friend wants one.. I see where it says glue to put it on. I don't know anything about screen protectors really.. But now to decide on regular clear or anti glare. Which one looks better on the phone?

I had someone put on my TP2 one that came with the phone and it endedup being messed up and I bought one online somewhere wireless accessories or something like that then I heard the Tilt 2 by AT&T used the same ones and I bought a 3 pack for like 10 bucks. And I am going to give them away when I sell my TP2 this week. I need that EVO. Gonna have to go back to my Purple Lotus for a week.

The privacy version is adhesive backed.
They are sold one to a package.

Upvote 0
I just got a reply from Clarivue about maybe ordering a mixed "combo" pack of SP's with 1 clear and 1 anti glare, no joy :( They said they will/can not send one of each. Oh well.
Does anyone here have the Clarivue sp yet? I thought I saw pics of one. Was wondering if it was the one with the cut outs for the camera and light sensor?

I've had mine for weeks now just teasing me without an EVO to protect. The Clarivue screen protectors do have cutouts for the camera and light sensor :)

Upvote 0
Alright guys... after reading every post here, i am stuck to just one simple thing... Which Clarivue should i get?! haha
i'm only getting this as a test until the Steinheil's come out, but if it's good enough, i'll just stick with it.
BUT, i'm stuck between their options... i want a near glass-like SP and one that does not give it excessive glare... so to all you Clarivue buyers, which one should i grab? (Mirror, Privacy, Ultra-Clear, or Anti-Glare finishes?)

Upvote 0
I'm stuck too on which one to order. The clear or anti glare and you get 2 in the pack. My friend wants the privacy and it's one in the pack and it says you use glue to stick it on it's different than the others. It says adhesive backing and the others say non adhesive backing no residue left. I'm still deciding too but it's just between the clear and anti glare. I don't want the privacy one like my friend does..

Alright guys... after reading every post here, i am stuck to just one simple thing... Which Clarivue should i get?! haha
i'm only getting this as a test until the Steinheil's come out, but if it's good enough, i'll just stick with it.
BUT, i'm stuck between their options... i want a near glass-like SP and one that does not give it excessive glare... so to all you Clarivue buyers, which one should i grab? (Mirror, Privacy, Ultra-Clear, or Anti-Glare finishes?)

Upvote 0
I've had mine for weeks now just teasing me without an EVO to protect. The Clarivue screen protectors do have cutouts for the camera and light sensor :)

See, that is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger and ordering them. I know the cut outs are there for a reason, but I know they will bug me. That and the fact that Clarivue must be one of the only places with them in stock now, as their availability changes daily! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
What I need for my EVO's protection ideally:

-A silicon shell built for the EVO that comes with a compensation around that rear camera for prone purposes. (Something that just fits around the cam's edge to indent it to keep the cam ever so slightly raised above the surface)
-likely anti-smudge [finger prints] or anti glare for outside use

I just really want some kind of shell cover to get that back cam off the surface. It really bothers me.

Upvote 0
What I need for my EVO's protection ideally:

-A silicon shell built for the EVO that comes with a compensation around that rear camera for prone purposes. (Something that just fits around the cam's edge to indent it to keep the cam ever so slightly raised above the surface)
-likely anti-smudge [finger prints] or anti glare for outside use

I just really want some kind of shell cover to get that back cam off the surface. It really bothers me.

Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories

This looks like a hard shell and good protection, but I couldn't get a side view to see if it fixes my rear cam issue. I don't know if I want to preorder just to still have the issue I'm concerned with.

*Looks into return policy*

Upvote 0
well thanks for all who provided info in this thread. just for peace of mind mostly, i ordered the clarivue protector. it sounds like it's easy enough to remove if i dont like it. what worries me enough to get it is that most of what is so great about this phone is the screen and displaying media. i'd hate to degrade the quality by having the screen get all scratched up. i've never used screen protectors in the past but i'm going to give it a shot this time

Upvote 0
I want to ask more about the privacy screen. Is the Clarivue one 4 way, or just horizontal? I don't see any privacy option on Steinheil's site, am I just missing it somehow? And lastly, anyone know of another manufacture that makes a good 4 way privacy protector for HTC phones? I just talked with someone on NLU/Screenguardz, and they told me that they might have it in 3-6 weeks. So nothing solid there :(

When I had the blackberry, it was basically either vertical or horizontal depending how which way you put it, so its not 4 way meaning it will most likely be portrait mode so if you turn the Evo landscape, those around you can see everything instead of a black screen. The blackberry doesn't do landscape so it was a non issue, but keep this in mind when you purchase it for the Evo thinking it will be 4 way. I don't think there are any SP that are 4 way privacy right now.

Reactions: newguy
Upvote 0
this is what i'm looking for in a screen protector:

-NO sticky residue, so i would want something that clings statically
-NO rubbery touch (like ZAGG)
-not overly shiny/glossy
-slick and smooth

Is the Stealth Guards or Steinheil protectors what I'm looking for?
Same here. I really like the look of the stiff Steinheil screen protector, but will probably go with Stealth Guard in the meantime b/c it's such a good deal. Not to mention, Stealthguard answered my email & has a great warranty; Steinheil has yet to reply & from what I can tell, their warranty is only 30 days.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The Evo screen protectors finally are on the Boxwave website. I ordered two of the anti-glare and one of the crystal clear to make a 3-pack. I hope that doesn't cause them heartburn. I have never used the Boxwave anti-glare but the crystal clear version is absolutely amazing. It's like the phone is naked.

EVO 4G Anti-Glare Screen Protector / HTC EVO 4G Screen Protector / EVO 4G Screen Cover / HTC EVO 4G Screen Cover / EVO 4G Screen Film - ClearTouch Anti-Glare

Boxwave (w/shipping) is quite expensive when being compared to others like Ghost Armor or Invisible Shield. Ends up coming out to being about the same price as full body protection.

Upvote 0
Boxwave (w/shipping) is quite expensive when being compared to others like Ghost Armor or Invisible Shield. Ends up coming out to being about the same price as full body protection.
They are a little higher, but worth it. I paid around $27 for a pack of three. That includes shipping. So $9 each is great for a high quality product for my old eyes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones