• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo sending out texts on reboot?

Welcome to the forum!

OK - as above, it may be your sms wasn't getting out - suggest you go Desktop -> Menu -> Settings -> System updates and update your profile and PRL - that should help ensure you're set up correctly.

If that fails - and you truly are sending duplicate messages then things are tangled and the how-to-fix-froyo link, also above, would be your next step so far as I know.

Upvote 0
Oh NO.

I can't believe this is happening on the Evo as well. This is THE reason I got rid of my Hero after only having it for a few months. It was the most embarrassing glitch. Except mine didn't send out one text to one person... it would send out 5 or 6 random texts to anywhere from 3-10 people. Five or six texts EACH.

It was awful. They were definitely NOT messages that had been undeliverable in my case. I tried everything. Hard reset, even. Updated everything. It still happened, so I had to get rid of the phone.

Does it by chance happen when you shut the phone off right after the messaging app force closes? Or does it happen when your phone reboots itself randomly? These are the times it would happen to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones