1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Evo Shift Battery Draining?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by samanthas1, Oct 4, 2011.

1. samanthas1

samanthas1 Lurker
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    Student

The last few days my battery has been draining fast. When I go to school (7:30 AM) I'll have 100% battery and by lunch time (11:45 AM), my battery is already down to about 50%. I barely use it before lunch, so I know that can't be it. And whenever I go to check the time or something during class, I always hit my app killer widget. I don't havebackground data on, or the GPS. So I'm not sure what the problem is. And a lot of the time when I hit the home button, I'll get the white screen with the HTC logo in the middle, and then it does the loading screen like it does after I fix major settings or something. Do I need to replace my phone, or maybe just the battery?

Sorry for writing so much! Hopefully someone knows what's going on with my phone!

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    First, get rid of the app killer, second how is the signal? Low or weak signal is a big battery drainer.

3. samanthas1

samanthas1 Lurker
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    Student
    Does the app killer not actually help? And my signal is either full bars or roaming. It's never in the middle.

4. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY
    Task Killers = BAD for android phones. As long as you back out of apps using the back button (not the home button) the app will shut down.

It sounds to me like you have a rogue app messing with your battery life. I would uninstall anything you have downloaded just before the issue started, then reboot and give it some time to see where you're at...

5. Joshbear

Joshbear Member
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    North Carolina
    I've found lately that the Facebook app will kill your battery. For some reason, after you close it, it will stay open in the background and continually pull your location through the GPS. Of course, if you have GPS disabled, this shouldn't be an issue.

Also, whenever I make or receive a phone call, afterwards I always have to restart my phone because the dialer will drain the entire battery in a few hours.

6. girlinblue

girlinblue Newbie
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    If you are not actively using your phone for notifications, etc, but want to keep it up for texts and calls, I'd put it in airplane mode to disable wi-fi, gps, network. I've experienced the battery drain like this when my phone is in my desk at work. This helped me preserve battery, because the phone is constantly pulling information and trying to connect to things. Once you disable airplane mode everything will come through so it's not like you missed anything.

7. Maxplayer14

Maxplayer14 Lurker
    None

Oct 12, 2011
    Once thing I noticed that was killing mine to death is Auto Update of Apps. I had marked this on a few apps like Google Maps. Gmail, etc... because I thought it would be beneficial. I few weeks ago I noticed my battery was draining super fast. Didn't really no why for a few days. I restarted my phone and it showed updates. I noticed Google Maps and a few others where just stuck trying to update. I turned off Auto Update on those apps and just manually run them now when there is an update.

8. sig sauer

sig sauer Member
    None

Jun 28, 2010
    Is your "screen brightness" set at a reasonable level?