1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Evo shift no data

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Axkiker, May 22, 2011.

1. Axkiker

Axkiker Lurker

Hey all .. I recently purchased a used evo shift and finally got it flashed and working on my sprint account. I keep getting an error 67 registration failure user name and password may not match.

Now let me tell everyone that I do not currently have a data plan... Only voice and text.

So is this error just from the phone trying to log into the sprint data network which I am not a member of? I assume that is the issue. If not please let me know.

If that is the issue is there a way I can disable the phone from searching for the data network. I have no need to have data as im pretty much surronded by wifi. If I have to live with the error I guess I can, however if there is a way to fix it I would like to

thanks

ajubea likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. How do you only have a voice plan? A data plan is REQUIRED for this phone with sprint. Thats why you are getting that error.

3. Axkiker

Axkiker Lurker

Actually I just fixed the issue which was so simple I feel silly.. I just held down the power button and turned off the mobile network.. LOL... Error gone...

My opinion on the whole "Required Data Plan" is that the people at Sprint are a bunch of crooks.... A data plan is definitely not required as mine is working fine... I have so many open networks around me that paying for a data plan is silly... I can just use WIFI....

ajubea likes this.
  4. ajubea

ajubea Lurker

Hey man, teach us how to avoid these Sprint crooks. I don't have a data plan but wish to have an HTC EVO.

5. Kori_Tamashii

Kori_Tamashii Android Enthusiast

Why would you want a smartphone without a data plan? I don't get it.

6. Enraged21

Enraged21 Well-Known Member

Because they could be living in an area with alot of wifi available, like i.
    I still have data, but 90% of the time im on wifi.
    I basically only use data for tethering.

ajubea likes this.
  7. ajubea

ajubea Lurker

I have a 40Mbs WIFI surrounding me 90% of the time. And my car has GPS. What else would I need data plan for???

HTC EVO Shift 4G Forum

The HTC EVO Shift 4G release date was January 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

January 2011
Release Date
Reviews